Intermediate Programmer Analyst
Intermediate Programmer Analyst
Region: Kingston, ON
Employment Type: Contract
Security Clearance: Secret (Level II)
Language Requirements: English
Job Reference Number: 37507-LK
ADGA delivers strategic insight, world-class technology and service excellence in Defence, Security and Enterprise Computing to clients in the Federal Government, other levels of government and in the private sector. In a world driven by convergence, ADGA provides the expertise and innovation that organizations need to remain secure, efficient and productive. This rests on an outstanding track record built since 1967, safeguarding some of Canada’s most critical assets. Headquartered in Ottawa, with offices across Canada, ADGA is a privately owned Canadian company that employs more than 800 employees, technical consultants and subject matter experts.
The Intermediate Programmer Analyst is responsible for performing software development in a Modeling and Simulation (M&S) environment. This includes changes to the software environment based on changing user requirements, integration of existing M&S software with new software systems or equipment and performance improvements and adaptation of existing M&S SW to evolving doctrine.
As Programmer Analyst, you are part of a development team that reports on the project's status to the Project Lead. We count on you to work with the team to build virtual simulation environments that are compliant with contract specifications. The ideal candidate is organized, detail oriented and thrives in close knit team environments.
- Create, modify, improve, maintain and extend simulation software to meet specific training or experimentation requirements for virtual or constructive simulation environments
- Develop requirement, specification and design documents for simulation capabilities
- Analyse and recommend alternatives and options for solutions pertaining to Simulation Capabilities
- Provide technical input to assist in the establishment of detailed maintenance policies and procedures for simulation capabilities
- Provide advice to Defence representative supervising the maintenance and evolution activities of simulation capabilities to ensure that training requirements are met
- Produce forms, user manuals, version description documents, test plans and test results for simulation capabilities
- Must have at a minimum five (5) years of demonstrated work experience in a software development
- Demonstrated experience developing and maintaining simulation software that enables a FPS (preferably VBS) to provide a simulated UAV video stream for army headquarters training events
- Simulation software development experience creating, modifying or improving the following applications (or applications that interface with the following applications) using the following languages
- VBS and VCCI using Java or C++
- VBS using Java or C++
- Any simulation using Java, or C++. 10 years experience in software development field
- Bachelor’s Degree or better in Sciences, Engineering, Computer Science, Business Administration or Mathematics (or its equivalent)
- Must be eligible to obtain Secret (Level II) Clearance
Are you an ADGA employee or consultant? If so, check out our new referral program!
ADGA Group Consultants Inc. has policies and procedures in place to support its employees with accommodation requirements throughout the organization.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If accommodation is required, it is requested that you contact ADGA’s Accessibility Officer.