Senior Business Systems Analyst
Senior Business Systems Analyst
Region: National Capital Region
Employment Type: Permanent or Contract
Security Clearance: Enhanced Reliability
Language Requirements: English
Job Reference Number: 37480-DT
ADGA delivers strategic insight, world-class technology and service excellence in Defence, Security and Enterprise Computing to clients in the Federal Government, other levels of government and in the private sector. In a world driven by convergence, ADGA provides the expertise and innovation that organizations need to remain secure, efficient and productive. This rests on an outstanding track record built since 1967, safeguarding some of Canada’s most critical assets. Headquartered in Ottawa, with offices across Canada, ADGA is a privately owned Canadian company that employs more than 800 employees, technical consultants and subject matter experts.
We are currently looking a Business Systems Analyst for one of our opportunities in the National Capital Region.
The Business Systems Analyst tasks could include but are not limited to the following:
- Perform business analyses of functional requirements to identify information, procedures, and decision flows;
- Develop and document a detailed statement of requirements for the proposed alternative recommended in the preliminary analysis report;
- Prepare/review logistic support cost estimates, analysis and alternatives, present trade-off information and recommend course of action along the various phases and stages of project life
Must have a degree from a recognized university in any field. Proof demonstrated in the response. OR
A diploma, minimum two (2) years, from a recognized college in any field. Proof must be demonstrated in the
response. OR Five (5) years of experience in Business Requirements gathering for the IT-enabled projects.
Must have a minimum of ten (10) years of experience within the last fifteen (15) years in gathering and analyzing business requirements as a Business Systems Analyst in which ALL the following tasks were performed:
- managing requirements throughout the solution development cycle;
- performing traceability of requirements;
- process mapping.
- evaluating existing procedures and methods;
- identifying and documenting procedures and methods; and
- performing change impact analysis.
Must have seven (7) years of experience in the last fifteen (15) years, as a Business Systems Analyst establishing acceptance test criteria with clients.
Must have a minimum of seven (7) years of experience within the last fifteen (15) years using modelling tools to develop business requirements (e.g. use case diagrams, conceptual data models, workflow model, etc.).
Must have a minimum of seven (7) years of experience within the last fifteen (15) years conducting business needs assessment and developing a Business Case.
Must have experience as a Business Systems Analyst in an IM/IT environment within the last (10) ten years for a federal government department, or crown corporation, or federal agency.
Must have experience within the last fifteen (15) years in gathering and analysing business system requirements in a large organization (large organization is defined as an organization in excess of 10,000+ employees).
Must have experience within the last ten (10) years in gathering and analyzing business system requirements to include at least one of the following areas:
• Enterprise Voice over IP (VoIP) services
• Wide Area Telecommunication networks
• Server/Software Migration
- Evaluate existing procedures and methods, identify and document items such as database content, structure, application subsystems, and develop data dictionary;
- Define and document interfaces of manual to automated operations within application subsystems, to external systems, and between new and existing systems;
- Identify candidate business processes for re-design, prototype potential solutions, provide tradeoff information and suggest a recommended course of action. Identify the modifications to the automated processes;
- Document the technological environment for the testing of a prototype or product, providing logistic support, proposing acceptance test criteria;
- Coordinate user acceptance testing and site surveys prior to the deployment of the solution;
- Coordinate dependencies with other projects and plan and effectively manage communications with other stakeholders to promote/ensure compatibility with other projects; and
- Support and use the selected departmental methodologies.
Are you an ADGA employee or consultant? If so, check out our new referral program!
ADGA Group Consultants Inc. has policies and procedures in place to support its employees with accommodation requirements throughout the organization.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If accommodation is required, it is requested that you contact ADGA’s Accessibility Officer.