Region: National Capital Region
Employment Type: Permanent Full-Time
Security Clearance: Enhanced Reliability
Language Requirements: English
Job Reference Number: 37478 - MK
EXTRAVISION is a privately owned Canadian company whose head office is in Trois-Rivières (Quebec, Canada). The company also has service points in the metropolitan areas of Montreal, Ottawa and Toronto.
Extravision specializes in the development, design and integration of security technologies. However, our expertise in this field goes beyond security equipment. Our integrated security management approach relies on our extensive expertise, capitalizing on our knowledge, analytical skills and know-how to provide the most effective and optimized means of security.
Extravision’s security designs protect some of the most strategic sites in Canada.
We are currently looking a Project Manager for one of our opportunities in the National Capital Region.
Reporting to the Director of Project Management, this role will be vital to project implementation for our clients in Ottawa. As a Project Manager for Extravision you will be responsible for scheduling, resource coordination, liaising with customers and working with the project implementation teams on project progress through to project completion. All administrative duties associated with project execution, including but not limited to, budgeting, scheduling adjustments, change orders and closeout documentation are part of the overall job requirement.
- Prepare detailed project charters, business cases, tracking schedules, communications products and project management plans based on branch standards covering objectives, activities, deliverables and resource requirements.
- Manage projects according to a documented Project Management Framework and Systems Development Lifecycle model.
- Define and document the objectives for the project; determine budgetary requirements, the composition, roles and responsibilities and terms of reference for the project team.
- Meet with project stakeholders to determine the objective, scope, costs and timeframe of the project by discussing business and technical requirements.
- Prepare and communicate project schedules using Project Management Office (PMO) standard tools.
- Regularly update schedule activity and deliverables progress.
- Manage the project team, holding each member responsible for an element of the project.
- Manage the project during the development, delivery and transition to operations by ensuring that resources are made available and that the project is developed and is fully operational within previously agreed time, cost and performance parameters.
- Report on project progress on an ongoing basis and at scheduled points within the project life cycle.
- Formulate statements of problems; establish procedures for the development and implementation of significant, new or modified project elements to solve these problems, and obtain approval thereof:
- State and resolve identified problems by analyzing and following branch practices and standards; facilitating discussions and resolving project conflicts; developing new approaches to solve issues.
- Prepare plans, charts, tables and diagrams to assist in analyzing or displaying problems (work with Microsoft project management tools).
- Prepare other project documents as required (e.g. Statements of Work, Requests for Proposals, purchase requisitions etc. per PMO standards).
- Obtain project sign-off and archive all project artefacts.
- Must have a PMP designation
- Must have 5-10 years experience as a Project Manager
- The Project Manager must have at least five (5) years’ experience in the Security Industry.
- Demonstrated experience in planning, managing, delivering, and supporting Security related projects.
- Familiarity with Smartsheet is an asset.
- Are you an ADGA employee or consultant? If so, check out our new referral program!
- ADGA Group Consultants Inc. has policies and procedures in place to support its employees with accommodation requirements throughout the organization.
- Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If accommodation is required, it is requested that you contact ADGA’s Accessibility Officer.