Security Design Specialist
Security Design Specialist
Region: National Capital Region
Employment Type: Contract
Security Clearance: Secret (Level 2)
Language Requirements: English
Job Reference Number: 37450 - EW
ADGA delivers strategic insight, world-class technology and service excellence in Defence, Security and Enterprise Computing to clients in the Federal Government, other levels of government and in the private sector. In a world driven by convergence, ADGA provides the expertise and innovation that organizations need to remain secure, efficient and productive. This rests on an outstanding track record built since 1967, safeguarding some of Canada’s most critical assets. Headquartered in Ottawa, with offices across Canada, ADGA is a privately owned Canadian company that employs more than 800 employees, technical consultants and subject matter experts.
We are guided by a set of ethical values of Respect, Loyalty and Trust and a commitment to excellence, which define us and guide our organizational conduct.
We are currently looking for a Senior IT Security Design Specialist for one of our opportunities in the National Capital Region.
- Work in partnership with all stakeholders to identify technical architecture, challenges, risks, and recommendations for various department projects related to the department’s Transformation Programs/Initiatives;
- Collaborate with all stakeholders on the evaluation of any relevant data from service providers, transformation teams, project management build teams and operational teams; and
- Complete tasks as needed directly supporting the GC and department Cyber and IT Security Transformation Program as well as other core transformation programs;
- Conduct analysis of Current State Assessments in support of core transformation programs;
- Produce various security artifacts as needed;
- Participation in related IT Security meetings, discussions and presentations to stakeholders or senior management;
- Document, review and track actions and meetings decisions;
- Perform functional and options analysis in support of program delivery;
- Perform impact analysis with the perspective of an enterprise solution, evaluate and make recommendations;
- Create presentations and present to various stakeholders, and facilitate meetings and discussions.
- Provide Security Training & Awareness.
- Direct experience in the assessment or writing of formal Security Assessment (ITSG-33 based) or Certification reports.
- Direct working knowledge of the GC standards, policies and guidelines and the principles of security and privacy by design.
- Experience, within the last seven years, conducting technology design reviews/assessments and providing plans for remediation activities for an enterprise wide or public sector organization.
- Experience with knowledge transfer and cross training.
- Experience with strong written communication skills in solution development.
- Familiarity with ITSM processes.
- Experience within the past five years, in the following areas:
- Layer 2 and Layer 3 Firewalls
- Intrusion Detection/Prevention Service (IDPS)
- URL Filtering
- SSL.TLS intercept
- Web application firewall (WAF)
- Virtual hypervisor based security
- Sandbox Appliances
- Virtual Private Networks (site to site and remote access)
- Network Access Control (NAC)
- Cloud based infrastructure
Are you an ADGA employee or consultant? If so, check out our new referral program!
ADGA Group Consultants Inc. has policies and procedures in place to support its employees with accommodation requirements throughout the organization.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If accommodation is required, it is requested that you contact ADGA’s Accessibility Officer.