Region: Greater Toronto Area
Employment Type: Contract
Security Clearance: No Clearance Required
Language Requirements: English
Job Reference Number: 37449-KC
ADGA delivers strategic insight, world-class technology and service excellence in Defence, Security and Enterprise Computing to clients in the Federal Government, other levels of government and in the private sector.
We are currently looking for a Technical Analyst for one of our opportunities in the Greater Toronto Area:
A backfill is required for various staff in Server Technology who will be on vacation or away from office to support the mainframe running z/VSE operating system under z/VM.
The Technical Analyst will provide technical support for the client’s z13s mainframe running z/VSE under z/VM. He or she will work closely with the other Technical Support Analysts, Senior Technical Analyst, Project Manager, Solution Architect, Business Analyst, IT Services Staffs and Vendor Personnel to deliver the above initiatives following the client’s Project Management Methodology and Documentation Guide lines.
Assist in providing technical support for the following:
- IBM z13S mainframe
- IBM DS8884
- IBM 3592 tape drives
- IBM 6400 printers
- z/VM 6.2
- z/VSE 5.2 and 6.2
- All software listed in the attach list
- CMS Pipeline programs
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, attention to details
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience working on z/VSE operating systems
- University degree or college diploma in a related field (Computer Science, Information System, Engineering, Business with IS background) or equivalent experience
- Experience in trouble shooting z/VSE system problems
- Experience supporting mainframe software in the attached list.
- Experience in HTML is desirable
- Knowledge of virtual tape library/system in z/VSE and z/VM will be useful
Are you an ADGA employee or consultant? If so, check out our new referral program!
ADGA Group Consultants Inc. has policies and procedures in place to support its employees with accommodation requirements throughout the organization.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If accommodation is required, it is requested that you contact ADGA’s Accessibility Officer.