Front End Developer
Front End Developer
Region: Greater Toronto Area
Employment Type: Contract
Security Clearance: No Clearance Required
Language Requirements: English
Job Reference Number: 37447-KC
ADGA delivers strategic insight, world-class technology and service excellence in Defence, Security and Enterprise Computing to clients in the Federal Government, other levels of government and in the private sector.
We are currently looking for a Front End Developer for one of our opportunities in the Greater Toronto Area.
The Front End Developer is responsible for designing, developer, and implementing tools which provide an optimal user experience for the team using technologies such as HTML5 (CSS3, JQuery, Bootstrap, Angular), Mobile (Cordova, SAP SMP), APIs, WordPress, and SharePoint technologies.
- Analysing requirements and preparing app design materials
- Scoping and recommending improvements to the City's customer facing and back-office user experiences in collaboration with business owners and project teams as needed
- Designing and developing new HTML5 front-end based on City UX development framework (based on CSS3, JQuery, Bootstrap, Angular)
- Designing and developing new Hybrid Mobile front-end apps based on City Mobile app development platform (Cordova, SAP SMP)
- Ensure that the City's web applications are compliant with City of Toronto web standards and AODA WCAG 2.0 Level A and Level AA requirements.
- Configuring existing APIs
- Preparing test cases and developing automated tests for automated build and regression tests
- Testing existing applications, fixing defects, implementing app improvements
- Contributing to a new quality assurance framework specific to areas of Web Application User Interface Standards which includes Accessibility and Usability as needed
- Proactively monitoring progress, resolving issues and initiating corrective action as appropriate to ensure that this engagement delivers value according to senior management stakeholder timelines
- Initiate extra activities and other interventions wherever gaps in the implementation are identified or issues arise
- Ensure that the appropriate knowledge transfer and training is given and documentation is provided to the appropriate City staff to enable effective sustainment of any new applications that are develop
- 5+ years of experience in software development for large-scale or enterprise-wide application development projects including recent AWS, Microsoft Azure, or IBM BlueMix experience.
- 5+ years of Front-End development experience designing and building web based
- 8+ years of experience developing front-end apps integrated with JSON RESTful APIs, including developing Single Page Applications, and in developing Web-services, WSDL, XML Schemas and JSON REST APIs. OData experience an asset.
- Post-secondary education in computer science or a related discipline, or the equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- 10+ years of experience in software analysis, design techniques and system implementation methodologies, including: software architecture, development, testing and technical documentation development of the work performed, and conducting interviews to determine detailed systems requirements.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written, analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Experience conducting research, investigations and providing recommendations of best practices for information and application services, and preparing and presenting technical materials, including standards, procedures and technical specifications to all levels of management of staff.
- 5+ years of RESTful API Development experience;
- Technical knowledge developing compliant web-based applications, including in compliance with Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) as per the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) version 2.0, understanding of privacy, security and auditing, including how they can be reviewed, monitored and enhanced in regards to system implementation, and knowledge of the
- Municipal Freedom of Information & Protection of Privacy Act (MFIPPA).
- 3+ years using version control systems specifically Git
- 3+ years of experience in Wordpress including developing themes and plugins (PHP development as it relates to Wordpress)
Other Additional Comments:
Are you an ADGA employee or consultant? If so, check out our new referral program!
ADGA Group Consultants Inc. has policies and procedures in place to support its employees with accommodation requirements throughout the organization.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If accommodation is required, it is requested that you contact ADGA’s Accessibility Officer.