Full Stack Developer
Full Stack Developer
Region: Greater Toronto Area
Employment Type: Contract
Security Clearance: No Clearance Required
Language Requirements: English
Job Reference Number: 37446-KC
ADGA delivers strategic insight, world-class technology and service excellence in Defence, Security and Enterprise Computing to clients in the Federal Government, other levels of government and in the private sector.
We are currently looking for a Full Stack Developer for one of our opportunities in the Greater Toronto Area.
The Full Stack Developer is responsible for designing, developing, and integrating innovative business solutions, and promoting Agile, DevOps and CI/CD strategies and best practices.
- Work with Development Lead or Project Delivery Manager to design and develop full stack solutions to meet changing business needs
- Design and document the technical components to implement the business functions
- Ensure the application components align with the application architecture and meet various architecture quality goals
- Document technical requirements to comply with corporate I&T directions and industry best practices
- Perform data modelling based on business requirements and process
- Advise and provide expert knowledge on the technical feasibility of the proposed deliverables
- Review and integrate all application requirements, including functional, security, performance, integration, and operations requirements
- Identify risks, issues and constraints associated with solutions and designs
- Identify and assist in the re-engineering, enhancement or replacement of business rules and associated technologies
- Ensure the delivered mission critical system is high performing, secure, and scalable
- Design and implement fault tolerant and highly available Microservcies based systems
- Participate in daily Agile SCRUM meetings · Promote DevOps and CI/CD best practices · Champion Git Workflow and set up / configure / administer Git repositories
- Maintain Jenkins build environment and related pipelines
- Investigate and recommend Cloud migration strategies · Update JIRA tasks in a timely manner
- Contribute and review user stories, acceptance criteria, and acceptance test scenarios
- Develop front end business rules and logic, server side business rules and logic, and data access logic
- Minimum 10 years of experience in design and development of mission critical Java EE web applications
- Minimum 2 years of experience with Angular based front end development
- Minimum 1 year of experience with Microservices, Sprint Boot, and design of fault tolerant systems
- Minimum 3 years of experience with Agile development methodology
- Experience in JPA, and REST API using JAX-RS
- Experience in data modelling, temporal data management, SQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL, and NoSQL techniques
- Experience in DevOps, Jenkins, CI/CD, Git workflow, BDD, Selenium, test automation, and Docker
- Good understanding of software security and application performance best practises · Familiarity with Cloud infrastructure such as AWS, Cloud Computing best practices and Cloud migration strategies
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, or related discipline or equivalent experience
- Java 8, Java EE7, JPA 2, WebSphere 9, WildFly 10+, Unix / Linux
- JAX-RS, REST API, OAuth 2, Microservices, Spring Boot · SQL, Oracle, MySQL, Postgres, NoSQL, MongoDB
- Angular 5+, TypeScript, TSLint, Gulp, Node, Protractor, Jasmine
- DevOps, CI/CD, BitBucket, Git Workflow, Jenkins
Are you an ADGA employee or consultant? If so, check out our new referral program!
ADGA Group Consultants Inc. has policies and procedures in place to support its employees with accommodation requirements throughout the organization.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If accommodation is required, it is requested that you contact ADGA’s Accessibility Officer.