Intermediate Software Programmer
Intermediate Software Programmer
Region: Kingston, ON
Employment Type: Full-Time Permanent
Security Clearance: Secret Clearance
Language Requirements: English
Job Reference Number: 37423-EH
ADGA delivers strategic insight, world-class technology and service excellence in Defence, Security and Enterprise Computing to clients in the Federal Government, other levels of government and in the private sector. In a world driven by convergence, ADGA provides the expertise and innovation that organizations need to remain secure, efficient and productive. This rests on an outstanding track record built since 1967, safeguarding some of Canada’s most critical assets. Headquartered in Ottawa, with offices across Canada, ADGA is a privately owned Canadian company that employs more than 800 employees, technical consultants and subject matter experts.
We are currently looking for an Intermediate Software Developer to work with our team on one of our Defence opportunities in the Kingston Region.
The Intermediate Software Programmer is responsible for performing software development in a Modeling and Simulation (M&S) environment. This includes changes to the software environment based on changing user requirements, integration of existing M&S software with new software systems or equipment and performance improvements and adaptation of existing M&S SW to evolving doctrine.
As a software programmer, you are part of a development team that reports on the project's status to the Project Lead. We count on you to work with the team to build virtual simulation environments that are compliant with contract specifications. The ideal candidate is organized, detail oriented and thrives in close knit team environments.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Create, modify, improve, maintain and extend simulation software to meet specific training or experimentation requirements for virtual or constructive simulation environments
• Develop requirement, specification and design documents for simulation capabilities
• Analyse and recommend alternatives and options for solutions pertaining to Simulation Capabilities
• Provide technical input to assist in the establishment of detailed maintenance policies and procedures for simulation capabilities
• Provide advice to DND representative supervising the maintenance and evolution activities of simulation capabilities to ensure that training requirements are met.
• Produce forms, user manuals, version description documents, test plans and test results for simulation capabilities.
Additional Technical Responsibilities
• Develop, test and implement systems or adaptors which interface with virtual training space to support virtual or constructive training and experimentation requirements.
• Gather and analyze data for the conduct of studies to establish the technical and economic feasibility of solutions pertaining to virtual training space
• Ensure that new builds of virtual simulation environment are inspected when received to verify compliance with contract specifications, including any relevant performance criteria, standards, and certification.
• Resource must have at a minimum five (5) years of demonstrated work experience in a software development
• Demonstrated experience developing and maintaining simulation software that enables a FPS (preferably VBS) to provide a simulated UAV video stream for army headquarters training events.
• Demonstrated simulation software development experience creating, modifying or improving the following applications (or applications that interface with the following applications) using the following languages
:o VBS and VCCI using Java or C++.
o VBS using Java or C++.
o Any simulation using Java, or C++.
• Must currently hold or be eligible for a Secret Clearance;
• Must reside or be willing to relocate/commute to Kingston, Ontario
• Demonstrated Bachelor Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or Math;
• Mentorship and support from experience software architects with more than 50 years of combined development knowledge
• Work with a high functioning team on a rare National Defence software development project (most gamers dream of this type of opportunity)
• Awesome benefits, Group RRSP Plan, and Profit Sharing
• Exclusive employee access to Perkopolis, a world-class membership to North America’s top entertainment, travel, shopping and lifestyle brands.
Additional Comments: Are you an ADGA employee or consultant? If so, check out our new referral program!ADGA Group Consultants Inc. has policies and procedures in place to support its employees with accommodation requirements throughout the organization.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If accommodation is required, it is requested that you contact ADGA’s Accessibility Officer.