Region: Ottawa, ON
Employment Type: Full-Time Permanent
Security Clearance: Secret Clearance
Language Requirements: English
Job Reference Number: 37419-EH
ADGA delivers strategic insight, world-class technology and service excellence in Defence, Security and Enterprise Computing to clients in the Federal Government, other levels of government and in the private sector. In a world driven by convergence, ADGA provides the expertise and innovation that organizations need to remain secure, efficient and productive. This rests on an outstanding track record built since 1967, safeguarding some of Canada’s most critical assets. Headquartered in Ottawa, with offices across Canada, ADGA is a privately owned Canadian company that employs more than 800 employees, technical consultants and subject matter experts.
We are currently looking for a System Manager to work with our team on one of our Defence opportunities in the National Capital Region.
The System Manager is responsible for drafting documents that will be used by system managers to build the servers/networks server. This person may also support server build development in a Defence network environment. This includes implementing changes to the network environment based on changing user requirements, integration of existing network routers with new software systems or equipment and performance improvements and adaptation of existing network frameworks to evolving doctrine. As a System Manager, you are part of a build team that reports on the project's status to the Project Lead. We count on you to work with the team to build virtual server environments that are compliant with contract specifications. The ideal candidate is organized, solution-oriented, and thrives in collaborative team environments.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Drafting system manager documents;
- Planning, building, installing, managing and implementing network architectures;
- Monitoring and active administration of Windows 2003 server and/or windows 2008 server systems;
- Managing tcp/ip, network file system, and name servers;
- Microsoft exchange server administration;
- Sql server administration;
- Sms server administration;
- Preparing and implementing network policies and procedures;
- Working with network personnel and managing networking security;
- Managing internet services (e.g. Web servers, ftp servers, etc);
- Gateway, bridge and router management; and
- Management and security of systems connected to the internet.
Additional Technical Responsibilities
- Assessing configuration and programming routers;
- Testing, evaluating, and integrating systems of system functions
- Working in Agile environments (SAFe)
- Ensure that new builds of virtual simulation environment are inspected when received to verify compliance with contract specifications, including any relevant performance criteria, standards, and certification
- Minimum of two (2) years of demonstrated with at least 7 of the above listed responsibilities
- Resource must have at a minimum two (2) years of demonstrated work experience in a software engineering
- Resource must have at a minimum five (5) years of demonstrated work experience in a network monitoring and security detection;
- Must currently hold or be eligible for a Secret II Clearance;
- Must reside or be willing to relocate/commute to Ottawa, Ontario
- Demonstrated Bachelor Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or Math;
- Mentorship and support from experience network architects with more than 50 years of combined development knowledge
- Work with a high functioning team on a rare National Defence software development project (most gamers dream of this type of opportunity)
- Awesome benefits, Group RRSP Plan, and Profit Sharing
- Exclusive employee access to Perkopolis, a world-class membership to North America’s top entertainment, travel, shopping and lifestyle brands.
Are you an ADGA employee or consultant? If so, check out our new referral program!
ADGA Group Consultants Inc. has policies and procedures in place to support its employees with accommodation requirements throughout the organization.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If accommodation is required, it is requested that you contact ADGA’s Accessibility Officer.