Administrative Support Clerk
Administrative Support Clerk
Region: National Capital Region
Employment Type: Contract
Security Clearance: Secret Clearance
Language Requirements: English
Job Reference Number: 37412-EH
ADGA delivers strategic insight, world-class technology and service excellence in Defence, Security and Enterprise Computing to clients in the Federal Government, other levels of government and in the private sector. In a world driven by convergence, ADGA provides the expertise and innovation that organizations need to remain secure, efficient and productive. This rests on an outstanding track record built since 1967, safeguarding some of Canada’s most critical assets. Headquartered in Ottawa, with offices across Canada, ADGA is a privately owned Canadian company that employs more than 800 employees, technical consultants and subject matter experts.
We are currently looking for a Jr. Administrative Support Clerk for one of our Defence opportunities in the National Capital Region.
The Administrative Support Clerk is responsible for supporting the administrative aspect of mission critical projects. They report on a project's status and areoften seen as the project coordinator’s co-pilot. While you do not make decisions critical to the project, you play a pivotal role in communication and client stakeholder engagement. We count on you to support administrative project activities. You are organized, enthusiastic and strive to be in sync with your Project Leader.
- Providing Administrative assistance, including building pass preparation, filing and project documentation control:
- Processing travel including car rental, accommodation and flight booking;
- Performing cost accounting such as tracking of project expenses including travel budgets/claims and verification of invoices; and
- Performing project related accounting functions, including time tracking, timesheet verification, report generation and database updating.
- Using MS Office Suite (e.g. Word, Excel, Access, Outlook and PowerPoint)
- Resource must have at a minimum three (2) years experience conducting the above mentioned project administration activities;
- Resource must have at a minimum one to two (1-2) years of experience using MS Office Suite (e.g. Word, Excel, Access, Outlook and PowerPoint);
- The successful candidate should ideally have experience with government related contracts and supporting project finance functions.
- Must currently hold or be eligible for a Secret Clearance.
- Demonstrated Bachelor Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or Business Administration;
- Becoming a Jr. Administrative Assistant can be a great stepping stone towards a position as Project Coordinator.
- Work with a high functioning team on a rare National Defence project (most people dream of this type of opportunity)
- Awesome benefits, Group RRSP Plan, and Profit Sharing
- Exclusive employee access to Perkopolis
Are you an ADGA employee or consultant? If so, check out our new referral program!
ADGA Group Consultants Inc. has policies and procedures in place to support its employees with accommodation requirements throughout the organization.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If accommodation is required, it is requested that you contact ADGA’s Accessibility Officer.