Region: Kingston, Ontario
Employment Type: Contract
Security Clearance: Secret II
Language Requirements: English
Job Reference Number: 37395-EH
ADGA delivers strategic insight, world-class technology and service excellence in Defence, Security and Enterprise Computing to clients in the Federal Government, other levels of government and in the private sector. In a world driven by convergence, ADGA provides the expertise and innovation that organizations need to remain secure, efficient and productive. This rests on an outstanding track record built since 1967, safeguarding some of Canada’s most critical assets. Headquartered in Ottawa, with offices across Canada, ADGA is a privately owned Canadian company that employs more than 800 employees, technical consultants and subject matter experts.
We are currently looking for a Software Tester within one of our Defence Simulation opportunities in the Kingston Region.
The Tester works with ADGA to support the Canadian Army by providing modification services, software development and day to day support for Modeling and Simulation Software (M&S SW) employed by the Department of National Defence (DND) in Canadian Armed Forces Training, Exercises and Experiments. As a Tester, you are responsible for testing debugging, and documenting errors related to the simulation software. This occurs in a Defence and Security environment. The Tester will report to the Project Lead, and work closely with other senior development team members.
The Primary tasks (80%):
- Planning and conducting simulation testing. This includes executables, models, and configuration files;
- Creating Canadian military models in 3DS Max, preparing them with Oxygen and testing them in Virtual Battlespace;
- Supervision of testing in accordance with the plan and test documentation standards;
- Management and monitoring of simulation test plans for all levels of testing;
- Reporting on the status of testing within the sim team and to management;
- “Tuning” of simulation models to ensure fidelity/performance balance is fit for specified purpose;
- Development of simulation test scenarios and test scripts;
- Ensure that software has no unforeseen detrimental effects on the System of Systems behavior.
The Secondary tasks (20%):
- Establishing simulation software testing procedures for unit test, integration testing and regression testing with emphasis on automating the testing procedures.
- Establishing and operating simulation "interoperability" testing procedures to ensure that the interaction and co-existence of various software elements, which are proposed to be distributed on the common infrastructure, conform to department standards
- Resource must have at a minimum one (1) year of experience in software development;
- Resource must have at a minimum one (1) year of demonstrated experience in testing, debugging, in a simulation software environment (Virtual Battlespace (VBS), Paradigm, SimSpeak are nice to have).
- Must currently hold a Secret Clearance.
- Demonstrated Bachelor Degree in Engineering, Computer Science; OR
- Demonstrated College Diploma in Engineering or Computer Technology;
- You are an instrumental player on our team supporting the development of industry leading military simulations.
- Work with a high functioning team on a rare National Defence software development project - most people dream of this type of opportunity!
- Specialized industry training and development programs
- Awesome benefits, group RRSP Plan, and Profit-sharing
- Exclusive employee access to Perkopolis
Are you an ADGA employee or consultant? If so, check out our new referral program!
ADGA Group Consultants Inc. has policies and procedures in place to support its employees with accommodation requirements throughout the organization.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If accommodation is required, it is requested that you contact ADGA’s Accessibility Officer.