Region: National Capital Region
Employment Type: Permanent or Contract
Security Clearance: Secret (Level 2)
Language Requirements: English
Job Reference Number: 37391 - DW
ADGA delivers strategic insight, world-class technology and service excellence in Defence, Security and Enterprise Computing to clients in the Federal Government, other levels of government and in the private sector. In a world driven by convergence, ADGA provides the expertise and innovation that organizations need to remain secure, efficient and productive. This rests on an outstanding track record built since 1967, safeguarding some of Canada’s most critical assets. Headquartered in Ottawa, with offices across Canada, ADGA is a privately owned Canadian company that employs more than 800 employees, technical consultants and subject matter experts.
Our client has a requirement for one (1) Software Engineer to participate in the development, design, and support of client’s core modelling and simulation software. This will require an estimated five (5) days of onsite effort weekly throughout the duration of the engagement.
- Designing, developing and maintaining military simulation software.
- Gathering, reviewing and maintaining product requirements;
- Producing source code implementations of algorithms, domain logic, data structures and interfaces.
- Writing unit and integration tests for application code;
- Executing unit tests and formal software integration tests:
- Performing review on co-worker’s software implementation:
- Bachelor’s Degree or better in Sciences, Engineering, Computer Science, Business Administration or Mathematics.
- The ideal candidate has demonstrated experience in the following areas:
- A minimum of three (3) years in the past five (5) years designing, coding, and testing C++ and Java programming in a modeling and simulation environment;
- A minimum of four (4) years in the past ten (10) years working in a Microsoft, and Unix or Linux operating system environment;
- A minimum of one (2) years in the past five (5) years developing HLA compliant simulation systems.
- A minimum of four (4) years in the past ten (10) years working with Image Generation and display systems.
- Must hold a Level II Secret Clearance.
Are you an ADGA employee or consultant? If so, check out our new referral program!
ADGA Group Consultants Inc. has policies and procedures in place to support its employees with accommodation requirements throughout the organization.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If accommodation is required, it is requested that you contact ADGA’s Accessibility Officer.