Information Privacy Specialist
Information Privacy Specialist
Region: Greater Toronto Area
Employment Type: Contract
Security Clearance: No Clearance Required
Language Requirements: English
Job Reference Number: 37383-AM
ADGA delivers strategic insight, world-class technology and service excellence in Defence, Security and Enterprise Computing to clients in the Federal Government, other levels of government and in the private sector.
We are currently looking for an Information Privacy Specialist for one of our opportunities in the Greater Toronto Area.
Our client is seeking the professional services of one (1) Information Privacy Specialist to conduct a Privacy Impact Assessment (PIA) to identify potential privacy risks in the Body Worn Camera Project and to provide recommendations to mitigate those risks.
- Conduct a Privacy Impact Assessment (PIA) for the Body Worn Camera Project, including privacy risk assessments for the project and the use of Cloud Services;
- Assist in determining if the BWC Project meets legislative requirements, for example compliance with Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (MFIPPA), client policies and procedures, and industry-accepted privacy principles;
- Provide subject matter expertise on Information Privacy and Risk Assessments to the Information Security Officer and security team;
- Produce a PIA Report, documenting all findings and recommendations to mitigate privacy risks;
- Share the privacy assessment methodology with the security team;
- Assist in developing related privacy awareness training for the BWC project; and
- Support the Information Security Officer and security team as required.
Mandatory Requirements (experience/skills/clearance):
- Minimum of five years of experience conducting Privacy Impact Assessments (PIA) on complex projects, preferably in the public sector;
- Demonstrated knowledge of privacy risks relating to Cloud Services and digital evidence management;
- Experience in policy analysis, business analysis, risk analysis and project management;
- Excellent knowledge of the relevant legislation (e.g. MFIPPA, Police Services Act);
- Strong communication skills in order to liaise and discuss privacy issues related to BWC and Cloud Services with a variety of stakeholders, both internal and external (i.e. Information Privacy Commission and vendors);
- Preferred candidates hold privacy certification in good standing that addresses one or more of the following areas: risk analysis, governance, privacy risk management, controls, audit management, information security core concepts.
- Knowledge of current and emerging Information Technology concepts and processes that impact the protection of personal information, including (but not limited to) internet tools, system interfaces, information security, information architecture and data flows;
- Ability to interpret and create data flow and business process diagrams;
- Well-developed research, analytical and problem-solving skills to evaluate the technology in order to identify privacy risks and propose appropriate mitigation strategies.
Are you an ADGA employee or consultant? If so, check out our new referral program!
ADGA Group Consultants Inc. has policies and procedures in place to support its employees with accommodation requirements throughout the organization.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If accommodation is required, it is requested that you contact ADGA’s Accessibility Officer.