Region: National Capital Region
Employment Type: Contract
Language Requirements: English
Job Reference Number: 37369-SB
ADGA delivers strategic insight, world-class technology and service excellence in Defence, Security and Enterprise Computing to clients in the Federal Government, other levels of government and in the private sector. In a world driven by convergence, ADGA provides the expertise and innovation that organizations need to remain secure, efficient and productive. This rests on an outstanding track record built since 1967, safeguarding some of Canada’s most critical assets. Headquartered in Ottawa, with offices across Canada, ADGA is a privately owned Canadian company that employs more than 800 employees, technical consultants and subject matter experts.
We are guided by a set of ethical values of Respect, Loyalty and Trust and a commitment to excellence, which define us and guide our organizational conduct.
We are currently looking for a Project Manager for one of our opportunities in the National Capital Region.
- Develop and implement detailed schedules that identify the tasks and activities necessary to support the Data Center Relocation Program;
- Responsible for communicating DC Program related interests to the Leadership Committee, Executive Sponsors, and Project Team Leads;
- Responsible for project budget management and reporting;
- Responsible for managing project risks and issues;
- Governs project issues and risks working with the Senior Management as an escalation point when necessary;
- Works with Project Leads and SMEs on project planning activities;
- Assists team leads with documenting strategies related to the Program;
- Responsible for the overall project management and coordination of project deliverables;
- Hosts and facilitates all project meetings;
- Responsible for providing project status reporting and for creating the final Project Summary and formal shutdown of the project.
- Manages project scope and change control processes;
- Has financial accountability and ownership of all aspects of project financials including estimation, accruals, actuals, forecast, contingency and variances. This includes having an in-depth understand on each of these financial components and provide information on these at detail and executive levels. It also includes proactively managing the actuals (cost) on the project and taking corrective action as needed.
- Identifies resources needed, requests appropriate resources, and ensures appropriate staffing for the duration of the project to ensure efficient and successful project completion;
- Effectively manages a diverse group of team members from the business, IT and external service providers;
- Identifies, qualifies, and documents risks and puts in place appropriate mitigation strategies;
- Holds formal project reviews with management to ensure successful project execution and customer satisfaction;
- Manages stakeholder expectations on scope, schedule, costs and quality.
- 10+ years of experience as a Project Manager
- 2 recent projects involving large data centre relocation, consolidation, and decommission
- Experience in application migration, network and database upgrades
- Experience in Disaster Recovery
Are you an ADGA employee or consultant? If so, check out our new referral program!
ADGA Group Consultants Inc. has policies and procedures in place to support its employees with accommodation requirements throughout the organization.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If accommodation is required, it is requested that you contact ADGA’s Accessibility Officer.