Region: Ottawa, ON
Employment type: Full-Time
Security Clearance: Enhanced Reliability
Job ID: 37356-EH
ADGA delivers strategic insight, world-class technology and service excellence in Defence, Security and Enterprise Computing to clients in the Federal Government, other levels of government and in the private sector. In a world driven by convergence, ADGA provides the expertise and innovation that organizations need to remain secure, efficient and productive. This rests on an outstanding track record built since 1967, safeguarding some of Canada’s most critical assets. Headquartered in Ottawa, with offices across Canada, ADGA is a privately owned Canadian company that employs more than 800 employees, technical consultants and subject matter experts.
We are currently looking for a Business Analyst for one of our finance sector opportunities in Ottawa, ON.
Working within the Enterprise Services team the successful candidate to provide technical, business and policy analysis, requirements gathering, lead workshops, draft schedules and plans for review, write documentation, and lead consultations with internal and external stakeholders related to its information technology (IT) systems. This will require an estimated five (5) days of onsite effort weekly throughout the duration of the engagement.
The Resource will be responsible for the following activities and deliverables:
- Provide input on technical solutions, help with option analysis and troubleshoot minor issues
- Based on knowledge of the client’s technical environment, enterprise architecture direction, cloud adoption policy, and project requirements, propose conceptual solutions and advise on the merits of various proposals for integrated software and hardware systems
- Develop definitions of business requirements
- Develop use cases and patterns
- Lead information gathering and analysis activities by eliciting the details of user requirements
- Collaborate with technical specialists to propose solutions to business problems
- Draft Statements of Work for procurement documentation in alignment with the client's policies on Procurement, Security and Privacy
- Prepare and organize vendor information workshops
- Facilitate the exchange of information between the client and potential vendors
- Work with all relevant stakeholders to delineate roles and responsibilities between the Bank and managed service providers
- University Degree or College Diploma in IT, Project Management, Business Analysis or a related discipline
- A minimum of seven (7) years of experience in a business analysis, project management IT or process analysis environment
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience with the software development
- Demonstrated experience gathering, eliciting and documenting user needs and translating them into technical requirements
- Sound knowledge of key technical concepts of enterprise applications such as SharePoint, SAP, CRM
- Sound technical knowledge to enable high level conceptual design of workflows and business processes
- Demonstrated experience working on complex software projects, from initial procurement to operational support
- Demonstrated experience working on procurement and project activities with a managed service provider
- Work on-site at a world class financial facility in the National Capital Region
- Work with industry leaders in the international finance sector
- Awesome benefits, group RRSP Plan, and Profit Sharing for ADGA Employees.
- Exclusive employee access to Perkopolis
Are you an ADGA employee or consultant? If so, check out our new referral program!
ADGA Group Consultants Inc. has policies and procedures in place to support its employees with accommodation requirements throughout the organization.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If accommodation is required, it is requested that you contact ADGA’s Accessibility Officer.