Senior Program Developer
Senior Program Developer
Region: Greater Toronto Area
Employment Type: Contract
Security Clearance: No Clearance Required
Language Requirements: English
Job Reference Number: 37351-AM
ADGA delivers strategic insight, world-class technology and service excellence in Defence, Security and Enterprise Computing to clients in the Federal Government, other levels of government and in the private sector.
We are currently looking for a Senior Program Developer for one of our opportunities in the Greater Toronto Area:
The Senior Developer brings expertise to the team ensuring that the applications (including MS Access 2010) meet effectively and efficiently compatibility, information and process automation requirements of the client.
The Senior Developer is responsible for the prompt resolution of complex problems in the technical environment (problems may include complexity in migration to MS Access 2016, Office 2016 and new Windows 10 operating system) and for mentoring Developers on technical matters.
- Identifying and researching MS Office 2010 and MS Access 2010 application’s requirements in collaboration with internal resources and clients, to migrate into MS Office 2016 and MS Access 2016 Windows 10 environment.
- Assist various departments with MS Access, MS Office applications assessment, remediation and migration
- Assist the assessment activities related to applications using MS Access database to store data.
- Collaborate with developers where MS Access, MS Office remediation assistance is required
- Data segregation and reporting of the most critical issues related to departmental MS Access, Word and Excel applications
- Create/update install instruction with regards to application upgrade, repackaging and virtualization.
- Testing application compatibility in Windows 10 operating system environment
- Conduct preliminary functional testing with end-user before deployment
- Assist in performing production application support as needed.
- Work/Coordinate with help desk as required
- Reviewing the application list identified for specific departments and perform technical assessment with respect to compatibility with the operating system and other integrations
- Support installation and resolution of issues with regards to the application operating system compatibility, and other technical coordination during testing
- Record and report application assessment issues and participating in the investigation, troubleshooting, resolution and remediation. Identifies opportunities to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the Section and/or the Division
- Maintains and upgrades skills in relation to new technologies
- Performs all duties in accordance with IT Solutions standards and procedures
- University or college graduate in computer science or related discipline with minimum 5 years application development experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- At least 2 years experience providing advice, mentoring and expertise to team members
- Strong understanding and hands-on experience with software development tools including
- MS Access 2010/2016, Office 2010/2016, Excel, VBA, Macros
- Experience with MS Office 2010 and MS Access 2010 migration to MS Office 2016 and MS Access 2016 is preferred
- Proficiency and experience in gathering user requirements, understanding business processes and creating solutions based upon requirements
- In-depth knowledge of integrating complex applications on the desktop and across wide and local area networks is essential.
Are you an ADGA employee or consultant? If so, check out our new referral program!
ADGA Group Consultants Inc. has policies and procedures in place to support its employees with accommodation requirements throughout the organization.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If accommodation is required, it is requested that you contact ADGA’s Accessibility Officer.