Azure SQL Database Developer
Azure SQL Database Developer
Region: Greater Toronto Area
Employment Type: Contract
Security Clearance: No Clearance Required
Language Requirements: English
Job Reference Number: 37348-AM
ADGA delivers strategic insight, world-class technology and service excellence in Defence, Security and Enterprise Computing to clients in the Federal Government, other levels of government and in the private sector.
We are currently looking for an Azure SQL Database Developer for one of our opportunities in the Greater Toronto Area:
The SQL Database Developer will be required to work closely with the development team, develop data models, perform data analysis, write advanced SQL queries, design and code complex stored procedures (T-SQL), and performance tune existing database processes.
- Administration of the Azure (cloud) platform to grant User access and monitor the performance of the overall environment
- Maintenance of the Data Suite being used on Azure (SQL Server Databases, Azure Analysis Services & Azure Data Factory V2)
- Creation of new Data Models and modification of existing Data Models in Azure Analysis Services (SSAS) as per reporting requirements
- Creation of new Data Visualizations/Reports and modification of existing Visualizations in Power BI as per business requirements
- Continuous improvement of performance and efficiency of the client Data Hub
- Creation of simple web forms using Azure App Service
- Continuous research on latest industry trends and releases within the data analytics realm
- Documentation of all current processes and newly added processes and up keeping of Data Dictionary
- Participating in the development of Test Plans, Test Cases and Test Scripts
- Collaborating with internal stakeholders to set expectations and deliver solutions in a timely and effective manner
- University degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics or a Data Science equivalent discipline
- Minimum of five professional years’ experience in a data and database management role
- Vastly experienced with SQL development in a Microsoft SQL Server Data Warehouse environment
- Experienced in developing Analysis Models/Cubes using Microsoft SQL Server SSAS packages
- Prior working knowledge on cloud based environments (preferably with Microsoft Azure)
- Well versed in data visualization tools such as Power BI
- Capable of understanding and developing in C# and DAX
- Understanding of OOD, experience of server side coding.
- Experience with SNS API to retrieve data
- Demonstrated ability to show initiative and self-direction, maintain currency of knowledge, identify and solve problems
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Effective communication skills
Are you an ADGA employee or consultant? If so, check out our new referral program!
ADGA Group Consultants Inc. has policies and procedures in place to support its employees with accommodation requirements throughout the organization.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If accommodation is required, it is requested that you contact ADGA’s Accessibility Officer.