Region: Greater Toronto Area
Employment Type: Contract
Security Clearance: No Clearance required
Language Requirements: English (French nice to have)
Job Reference Number: 37346-AM
ADGA delivers strategic insight, world-class technology and service excellence in Defence, Security and Enterprise Computing to clients in the Federal Government, other levels of government and in the private sector. In a world driven by convergence, ADGA provides the expertise and innovation that organizations need to remain secure, efficient and productive. This rests on an outstanding track record built since 1967, safeguarding some of Canada’s most critical assets. Headquartered in Ottawa, with offices across Canada, ADGA is a privately owned Canadian company that employs more than 800 employees, technical consultants and subject matter experts.
We are guided by a set of ethical values of Respect, Loyalty and Trust and a commitment to excellence, which define us and guide our organizational conduct.
We are currently looking for a Project Manager for one of our opportunities in the Greater Toronto Area.
- Assess the Current Infrastructure Architecture and Design in the context of Availability, Reliability and Disaster Recovery from a Process & Technology perspective – develop a Scope, Budget, Schedule, Risks, ie the Plan
- Identify Current State's strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities, threats (SWOT) and Risks – in technology, process and people.
- In collaboration and agreement with key stakeholders, gather, validate, and prepare a list of the organization’s most business critical systems and the recovery requirements.
- Identify Future State Options and quantify these options in order to identify the "Best Value" solution while identifying constraints – Time, Cost, Assets, Resources and Effort
- Work with Stakeholders to define pros and cons of the options articulated and form a "go forward" recommendation while balancing all Stakeholder needs
- Generate a Roadmap to include all of the above with specific Goals and a Strategic Project Plan – quantify value of the initiative, ie Financial and Non Financial Benefits
- It is important that the Services be undertaken by a Disaster Recovery Project Manager can demonstrate specific knowledge of, and experience in performing similar work for projects of comparable nature, size and scope as detailed below.
- University/Community College degree in Computer Science / Electronic Engineering or equivalent a definite asset. Applicable Certifications in Infrastructure, Architecture, Disaster recovery planning, Engineering, Project Management or equivalent a definite asset.
- Ability to work in a matrix environment, with minimum supervision, to facilitate and coordinate the development of a Infrastructure Solutions in a complex Technology and Business Environment.
- Clear understanding of Business/Technical Requirements, Statement of Work, and Strategic Plan creation as they apply to projects. Solid understanding of System Development Life Cycle and other methodologies.
- Minimum of five years of Infrastructure and/or System Architecture experience in a strategic development environment.
- Extensive Project Management experience in all facets of technology (unit, functional, integration, system, regression, penetration, and performance) is required. Demonstrated experiences in the successful execution of enterprise wide technology projects across multiple sections, units, stakeholders and teams.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, as well as presentation skills.
- A high degree of Emotional Intelligence in working with a diverse stakeholder group.
- Experience in strategy creation and transition to execution for a large project/program.
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team environment.
- Excellent collaboration, negotiation and influencing skills in a highly technical environment to foster and drive results and decisions
Are you an ADGA employee or consultant? If so, check out our new referral program!
ADGA Group Consultants Inc. has policies and procedures in place to support its employees with accommodation requirements throughout the organization.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If accommodation is required, it is requested that you contact ADGA’s Accessibility Officer.