Disaster Recovery Analyst
Disaster Recovery Analyst
Region: Greater Toronto Area
Employment Type: Contract
Security Clearance: No Clearance Required
Language Requirements: English
Job Reference Number: 37339-AM
ADGA delivers strategic insight, world-class technology and service excellence in Defence, Security and Enterprise Computing to clients in the Federal Government, other levels of government and in the private sector.
We are currently looking for a Disaster Recovery Analyst for one of our opportunities in the Greater Toronto Area:
Our Clients require a Disaster Recovery Analyst to assist in developing, implementing, and maintaining policies, procedures, and programs for ensuring the integrity of company data, databases, information systems, and technology.
- Responsible for disaster recovery and resumption plans and ensuring the security and integrity of data, databases, information systems, and technology.
- Liaising between business stakeholders, IT technical support, design and implement technical or business process changes effecting the overall DR program.
- Responsible to develop and implement disaster recovery program, ensuring alignment with business and regulatory requirements.
- Performing periodic audits of existing Disaster Recovery Plans and makes recommendations for improvements
- Provide DR and BCP guidance, analyse, design and implement DR and BCP processes for ITS projects and initiatives.
- Creating/Updating DR governance processes, policies, operating standards, templates and other related documents.
- Directly related experience with business and application architectures, systems analysis and design, disaster recovery or business continuity planning
- Security certification in good standing that addresses one or more of the following areas: advanced systems management, systems administration, information systems security, system certification, risk analysis, governance, security risk management, controls, audit management, information security core concepts
- Sound knowledge and training in disaster recovery and business continuity methodologies, best practices and tools (DRII, BCI, ITIL etc.).
- Good knowledge of approaches to disaster recovery planning, capabilities and processes; approaches to disaster recovery testing and reporting; articulation and visual depiction of future state DR solutions
- Highly developed Technical Skills and Analysis and thorough understanding of Server, Application other Technical understanding of terminologies and concepts
- Demonstrated experience with disaster recovery and business continuity requirements gathering, plan development, testing and maintenance programs.
- Sound knowledge in Emergency/Crisis/Disaster management and communication requirements
- Sound working knowledge and experience performing Business Impact Analysis (BIA) and Risk Assessments (RA) and presenting to ITS executives and business audience
- Demonstrated ability to effectively plan, prioritize and quality and quantity requirements met and maintained.
- Must have the ability to motivate and work with diverse set of stakeholders and to translate business needs into technology and DR/BCP program improvements
- Sound knowledge of computer network hardware/software and applications. Must continually be fully aware of industry trends and developments.
- Well developed interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, strong analytical and sound problem solving skills and effective conceptualization, presentation and facilitation skills.
- Experience in Identification and analysis of DR and BCP gaps
- Experience in providing training and presentation to all levels of stakeholders
- Experience in identifying and mapping critical business processes, and process re-engineering
- Demonstrated experience in Technology and DR testing and documentation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Public sector experience an asset
Are you an ADGA employee or consultant? If so, check out our new referral program!
ADGA Group Consultants Inc. has policies and procedures in place to support its employees with accommodation requirements throughout the organization.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If accommodation is required, it is requested that you contact ADGA’s Accessibility Officer.