Business Intelligence Developer
Business Intelligence Developer
Region: Greater Toronto Area
Employment Type: Contract
Security Clearance: No Clearance Required
Language Requirements: English
Job Reference Number: 37336-AM
ADGA delivers strategic insight, world-class technology and service excellence in Defence, Security and Enterprise Computing to clients in the Federal Government, other levels of government and in the private sector
We are currently looking for a Business Intelligence Developer for one of our opportunities in the Greater Toronto Area:
Working under the supervision of the Manager – Business Intelligence & Analytics, the Business Intelligence Developer (Systems Analyst) will be responsible for designing and developing business intelligence solutions that include a database component. He/she will follow our clients design & development methodologies and documentation standards.
- Work with the Business Intelligence & Analytics team in designing, developing, maintaining the Business Intelligence and Enterprise Data platforms and associated solutions.
- Responsible for designing, developing, maintaining and documenting MicroStrategy data cubes, dashboards and reports.
- Responsible for modelling data and designing MicroStrategy data schemas.
- Responsible for designing, developing and documenting SSIS packages to integrate data from multiple systems
- Responsible for designing, developing and documenting complex T-SQL, stored procedures, views, triggers etc.
- Responsible for designing and implementing data quality processes
- Work closely with the business analyst(s), and other team members to understand, and deliver on, requirements
- Convert business requirements to technical specifications.
- Research, document and share knowledge with the project team.
- Provide accurate time estimates for work to be undertaken
- Create project documentation according to the Project Management Office Standards.
- Work on other project tasks as assigned.
- A university degree in Computer Science, or the equivalent, combined with directly related experience in a business or computer related discipline. Minimum of 5 years’ experience working as a Business Intelligence developer.
- Extensive hands-on experience developing business intelligence solutions; data cubes, dashboards and reports using MicroStrategy 10 or later
- Extensive hands-on experience working with Microsoft SQL Server 2012 or later and building ETL solutions using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- Expert understanding and enterprise scale experience working with Business Intelligence (BI) implementations and Data Warehouse solutions.
- Expert in Microsoft Transact-SQL programming with the ability to optimize, analyze and improve database SQL performance.
- Good understanding of data modelling techniques as relates to data warehouse design.
- Experience with data quality, data cleansing and data stewardship processes and techniques
- Ability to solve complex data problems by analysis, develop appropriate solutions and clearly communicate those solutions to the team.
- Ability to work efficiently and provide accurate time estimates for work to be undertaken.
- Well-developed interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- You must have or rapidly acquire a comprehensive knowledge of the Ontario Human Rights Code and Related Orders including disability accommodation and accessibility requirements pertaining to passengers and employees.
- Hands-on experience working with Microsoft Analytics Platform System (APS)
- Experience working in an Agile project development environment
Written Test Required
Are you an ADGA employee or consultant? If so, check out our new referral program!
ADGA Group Consultants Inc. has policies and procedures in place to support its employees with accommodation requirements throughout the organization.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If accommodation is required, it is requested that you contact ADGA’s Accessibility Officer.