Senior Project Manager
Senior Project Manager
Region: National Capital Region
Employment Type: Contract
Security Clearance: Secret (Level 2)
Language Requirements: English (French nice to have)
Job Reference Number: 37330 - EW
ADGA delivers strategic insight, world-class technology and service excellence in Defence, Security and Enterprise Computing to clients in the Federal Government, other levels of government and in the private sector. In a world driven by convergence, ADGA provides the expertise and innovation that organizations need to remain secure, efficient and productive. This rests on an outstanding track record built since 1967, safeguarding some of Canada’s most critical assets. Headquartered in Ottawa, with offices across Canada, ADGA is a privately owned Canadian company that employs more than 800 employees, technical consultants and subject matter experts.
We are guided by a set of ethical values of Respect, Loyalty and Trust and a commitment to excellence, which define us and guide our organizational conduct.
We are currently looking for a Senior Project Manager for one of our opportunities in the National Capital Region.
- Manage several Project Managers, each responsible for an element of the project and its associated project team.
- Manage the project during the development, implementation and operations startup by ensuring that resources are made available and that the project is developed and is fully operational within previously agreed time, cost and performance parameters.
- Formulate statements of problems; establishes procedures for the development and implementation of significant, new or modified project elements to solve these problems, and obtains approval thereof.
- Define and document the objectives for the project; determine budgetary requirements, the composition, roles and responsibilities and terms of reference for the project team.
- Prepare formal task proposals, work breakdown structures and compliance charts;
- Give briefings on progress and concerns of projects;
- Prepare draft evaluation plans, criteria and evaluation schedules.
- Must have a minimum of 15 years of experience as a Project Manager
- Must have experience in pay and compensation
- Must have project management experience on at least one Business Transformation Initiative in Information Technology involving a portfolio of interdependent or intersecting changes, which fundamentally modify how business is conducted.
- Must have a minimum of ten years of experience as a Project Manager in the Information Technology field.
- Must have a Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.
- Having a minimum of 15 years of cumulative experience working as a Project Manager in a minimum of three of the following functions is considered an asset:
- risk management;
- project control;
- outcomes management;
- change management;
- quality management;
- earned value management;
- financial management.
- Having a minimum of six months of continuous experience as a Project Manager on government (federal, provincial, municipal or Crown Corporation) projects for the implementation of either SAP or PeopleSoft is considered an asset.
- Having valid project management designation(s) in one or more of the following, along with a master’s degree in Project Management is considered an asset:
- Certified Management Consultant (CMC)
- PRINCE2 (Foundation or Practitioner)
- Having a valid ITIL certification in any of the following is considered an asset:
- Valid ITIL certification; or,
- Release Management specific ITIL certification.
Are you an ADGA employee or consultant? If so, check out our new referral program!
ADGA Group Consultants Inc. has policies and procedures in place to support its employees with accommodation requirements throughout the organization.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If accommodation is required, it is requested that you contact ADGA’s Accessibility Officer.