Senior WordPress Specialist
Senior WordPress Specialist
Region: Greater Toronto Area
Employment Type: Contract
Security Clearance: N/A
Language Requirements: English
Job Reference Number: 37327-AM
ADGA delivers strategic insight, world-class technology and service excellence in Defence, Security and Enterprise Computing to clients in the Federal Government, other levels of government and in the private sector.
We are currently looking for a Senior WordPress Specialist for one of our opportunities in the GTA Public Sector:
The Senior WordPress Specialist, as part of a team, will be tasked with reviewing and addressing digital accessibility in multiple applications including the Clients Website, and the WordPress Platform. The new Client website will also include new functionality, expanded online services and interactive features all of which will have to be made accessible.
The Senior WordPress Specialist will be a key member of the project development team, using their skills and experience to ensure successful address the recently identified accessibility issues through development and deployment of a new and existing functionality to support the newly redesigned website.
- Working with other members of the team, assist with the development of the architecture and design for the WordPress deployment using Amazon Web Services
- Sustainment of the WordPress application required to support the newly redesigned website
- Development of new enhancements and functionality for the WordPress platform required to support the newly redesigned website
- Assist with the development of a WCM application support model
- Perform knowledge transfer
- 10+ years of overall experience in website development, production and maintenance, and public facing web development
- 3+ years' experience installing and configuring WordPress version 4.x on Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Significant hands-on experience developing WordPress based websites, using WordPress versions 4.x, including full stack development and being proficient with WordPress's features, themes and plugins. Hands on experience with WordPress Calypso, Node and React is an asset
- 3+ years' experience administering WordPress deployments, including provision of technical support and troubleshooting technical issues.
- Preference given to those with experience of WordPress development for government agencies.
- Understand what it takes to develop websites that are cross-browser and standards compliant, and meet accessibility requirements
- Hands on experience using Amazon Web Services
- Proficient using and developing RESTful APIs
- Proficiency with MS Office applications
- Strong interpersonal, communication, facilitation and presentation skills
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
Are you an ADGA employee or consultant? If so, check out our new referral program!
ADGA Group Consultants Inc. has policies and procedures in place to support its employees with accommodation requirements throughout the organization.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If accommodation is required, it is requested that you contact ADGA’s Accessibility Officer.