Region: National Capital Region
Employment Type: Permanent Full-Time
Security Clearance: Secret
Language Requirements: English
Job Reference Number: 37312 - JE
EXTRAVISION is a privately owned Canadian company whose head office is in Trois-Rivières (Quebec, Canada). The company also has service points in the metropolitan areas of Montreal and Toronto.
Extravision specializes in the development, design and integration of security technologies. However, our expertise in this field goes beyond security equipment. Our integrated security management approach relies on our extensive expertise, capitalizing on our knowledge, analytical skills and know-how to provide the most effective and optimized means of security.
Extravision’s security designs protect some of the most strategic sites in Canada.
We are currently looking a Designer/Estimator for one of our opportunities in the National Capital Region.
The Estimator works under the direction of the VPSO or his/her designate. Follows established procedures and methods. Decisions require clear conceptual thinking of complex technical situations; advice must be sought if uncertainty exists. The incumbent must be able to communicate his/her ideas clearly, and this requires good interpersonal skills in order to problem solve and interact at the client site effectively.
- Oversee design and quoting a project from beginning to end,
- Liaise with various trade partners, subcontractors, suppliers to ensure proper resourcing and all material is accounted for and included in design for quoting.
- Coordinate the efforts as well as provide support to all parties involved in the awarded projects (client, architects, consultants, contractors, building owner sub-contractors, and technicians).
- Regular progress monitoring and status meetings with all teams,
- Revision and, if required, creation of project’s Scope of Work (SOW) documentation such as technical drawings, As builds, delivery schedules, Bill of Material, as programmed drawings, as built drawings, QA, SAT and any other documentation necessary in the execution of a project.
- Support Account Executives with technical designs;
- Participate in on-site walk-throughs to document requirements/installation;
- Suggest means of improving the company’s customer service;
- Help identify and realize business opportunities nationwide;
- Participate in preparing the RFP responses when required;
- Liaise with various trades on projects in order to ensure continuity of the projects, the integration with those trades and offer solutions to remedy issues that may arise from contract to contract;
- To execute other similar tasks as directed by the corporate management team.
- AMAG an asset
- Able to hold valid clearance up to Secret
- Knowledge of estimating and sale processes
- MS Office Suite and/or Salesforce.com
- Knowledge of security systems, IT infrastructure and network communications and personal computers and their peripherals would be an asset
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Critical thinking and excellent problem solving skills
- Effective time management skills