Region: National Capital Region
Employment Type: Contract (1 year + Option)
Security Clearance: Secret Clearance
Language Requirements: English
Job Reference Number: 37311-EH
ADGA delivers strategic insight, world-class technology and service excellence in Defence, Security and Enterprise Computing to clients in the Federal Government, other levels of government and in the private sector. In a world driven by convergence, ADGA provides the expertise and innovation that organizations need to remain secure, efficient and productive. This rests on an outstanding track record built since 1967, safeguarding some of Canada’s most critical assets. Headquartered in Ottawa, with offices across Canada, ADGA is a privately owned Canadian company that employs more than 800 employees, technical consultants and subject matter experts.
We are currently looking for a Network Specialist for one of our crown corporation opportunities in the National Capital Region.
Our client has a requirement for one (1) Network Specialist (the “Resource”) to participate in the design, implementation, and support of client’s core network infrastructure components. The Resource may be required to work during non-standard hours. This will require an estimated five (5) days of onsite effort weekly throughout the duration of the engagement.
The Primary tasks:
The Resource will be responsible for following activities and deliverables:
• Creating low level design and implementation plan for Data Center Networks
• Implementation and configuration of technologies involving following:
o Cisco ACI
o Cisco Nexus NX-OS Mode
o VMware NSX
o F5 Load balancers
o Site Selection
o Infoblox Appliances
o Check Point Firewalls
• Follow vendor best practices and security standards while configuring network devices
• Participate in design discussions with Bank employees and open to new ideas
• Producing technical documentation and perform knowledge transfer sessions for Bank employees
•A minimum of four (4) years of demonstrated experience in previous engagements that involved configuring and supporting network equipment
• A minimum of three (3) years of demonstrated experience with BGP routing protocol, VRF, VPC, VSS
• Demonstrated experience of Cisco ACI implementation and support
• Demonstrated experience of VMware NSX implementation and support
• Demonstrated experience of Virtual F5 LB implementation and support
• Demonstrated experience of integration with Check Point firewalls
• Demonstrated experience with IPAM, DNS, DHCP and NTP
• Demonstrated experience with DMVPN implementation and support
• Demonstrated experience deploying new end user technologies
• Demonstrated experience reviewing, configuring and troubleshooting the implementation of network services
- Must eligible for a Secret Clearance.
- Play a major role on our team as a Network Specialist; shape the design and implementation of a crown corp. Project.
- Work with industry leaders in the financial sector (most people dream of this type of opportunity)!
- Awesome benefits, group RRSP Plan, and Profit Sharing for ADGA Employees.
- Exclusive employee access to Perkopolis
Are you an ADGA employee or consultant? If so, check out our new referral program!
ADGA Group Consultants Inc. has policies and procedures in place to support its employees with accommodation requirements throughout the organization.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If accommodation is required, it is requested that you contact ADGA’s Accessibility Officer.