Senior Business Analyst
Senior Business Analyst
Region: Greater Toronto Area
Employment Type: Contract
Security Clearance: N/A
Language Requirements: English
Job Reference Number: 37304-AM
ADGA delivers strategic insight, world-class technology and service excellence in Defence, Security and Enterprise Computing to clients in the Federal Government, other levels of government and in the private sector.
We are currently looking for a Senior Business Analyst for one of our clients in the GTA public sector:
As part of an ongoing program of improvements, ITS Project Management in partnership with Enterprise Architecture is working to evolve existing project and portfolio management practices in line with the new corporate project management framework (PMF). To that end we are looking for a Sr. Business Analyst to participate in this project by reviewing current state documentation, performing an analysis of practices vs. the PMF, and defining target state processes, artifacts, tool usage, and metrics. The scope of the practices to be examined covers the entire project management life cycle from business intake through to post-implementation benefit realization.
Reporting to the Manager – Business Architecture, the Sr. Business Analyst will be responsible for the following:
- Review/analysis of current state documentation for project life-cycle processes and tool usage
- Working with business, subject matter experts and ITS practitioners to understand the current practice
- Assessing current state, identifying process gaps and making recommendations on future state improvements
- Documentation of target state processes, artifacts, roles & responsibilities, and tool usage
- Definition of appropriate metrics
- Creation of a change management plan and associated deliverable to roll out updated practices across IT Services
- Making formal presentations to senior management, organize and conduct meetings
- Business case analysis and documentation
- Coordinating and managing business analysis activities as necessary
- Creating the necessary project documentation for management
- Creating training materials and perform user trainings
- Providing on-site rollout and production support as part of new implementations
- Other project duties as assigned
- The incumbent must be able to accept the required travel within GTA and comply with OHSA and TTC Health and Safety policies and procedures in the workplace.
- This is a hands-on position; the candidate will be responsible for performing the work and creating the deliverables.
- Bachelor Degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline
- 10 years of business consulting experience
- 5 years of experience as a business and/or process analyst
- Experience in process analysis, design, and modelling in a complex environment; hands-on experience of developing process flow chart/diagram and documentation
- Major IT implementation experience and understanding how systems are affected by business process change
- Experience in dealing with complex business problems, identifying business/functional requirements and recommending how to best support them through processes and applications
- Demonstrable experience engaging with stakeholders from different business areas
- Excellent communicator, both orally and in writing, possessing the ability to manage and influence stakeholders
- Strong leadership and influencing skills, self-motivated and is willing to work under pressure and tight deadlines
- Demonstrated knowledge of PMLC and SDLC practices
- Experience in establishing or upgrading a PMO is an asset
- Experience with process for project selection, approval and budgeting, including the preparation of formal business cases
- Experience in creation of change management plans and deliverables
- Experience with formal process notation such as BPMN-2.0 is an asset
- Familiarity and understanding of performance measurement and Key Performance Indicator (KPI) definition/analysis
- Ability to have influence without authority, and a strong ability to sell recommendations and solutions by stating advantages and value in business terms
- PMP and CBAP certifications are an asset.
- Real world experience utilizing a major process optimization framework such as Kaizen, Lean, Six Sigma, TQM, etc. is an asset
Are you an ADGA employee or consultant? If so, check out our new referral program!
ADGA Group Consultants Inc. has policies and procedures in place to support its employees with accommodation requirements throughout the organization.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If accommodation is required, it is requested that you contact ADGA’s Accessibility Officer.