Project Cost Coordinator
Project Cost Coordinator
Region: National Capital Region
Employment Type: Permanent Full-Time
Security Clearance: Secret (Level 2)
Language Requirements: Bilingual
Job Reference Number: 37303 - KM
EXTRAVISION is a privately owned Canadian company whose head office is in Trois-Rivières (Quebec, Canada). The company also has service points in the metropolitan areas of Montreal and Toronto.
Extravision specializes in the development, design and integration of security technologies. However, our expertise in this field goes beyond security equipment. Our integrated security management approach relies on our extensive expertise, capitalizing on our knowledge, analytical skills and know-how to provide the most effective and optimized means of security.
Extravision’s security designs protect some of the most strategic sites in Canada.
We are currently looking a Project Cost Coordinator for one of our opportunities in the National Capital Region.
The Project Cost Coordinator reports to the Director, Service Delivery and works in conjunction with the Project Management Office. The candidate will ensure that the company’s projects financial performance is correctly measured and oversee the Order Entry process within the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP). The primary role will be overseeing the process for data entry and Work in Progress (WIP) reporting within the financial life cycle of all projects.
- Oversee a small Order Entry team consisting of 3 employees. The order entry team’s role is to ensure the Project Management Office quotes are converted within the ERP using correct project costing principles for the projects as per the KPI requirement.
- Assisting the Project Management Office with the overall project accounting from the start to the finish of the project and taking ownership of the systems ERP/Earned Value Management (EVM) required for this.
- Producing monthly cost reports (Work in Progress - WIP) for projects and assisting Project Managers with the production of monthly earnings; including reporting on project variances of actuals vs budgets and updating forecasts.
- Making suggestions on improvements to Extravision monthly financial reporting.
- Assisting with the preparation of quarterly forecasts and cashflow projections.
- Help to educate and encourage all staff to take more responsibility over the financial aspects of the projects that they are doing and the overhead costs that they are incurring.
- Assist with inputs of data into the Servicentre ERP system and producing reports on this for the Executive and Senior Management Committees.
- Help develop the ERP software tools and build confidence in the financial information that it produces.
- To shadow and understand the work of other members of the administration team and support/help them in their tasks.
- Assure all the information is correctly capture in all work orders to ensure fluid transit to finance for invoicing.
- Experience: Minimum 2-3 years working in similar job environment.
- Language: Bilingualism is mandatory
- Security Clearance: Candidate to be able to be PWGSC Secret Cleared at a minimum.
- Minimum of two-year diploma from an accredited college/university and /or minimum 2-3 years working in similar job environment.
- Contribute to a positive working environment for all team members through respect, honesty, commitment, growth, balance, an open mind, humility, authenticity, and open communication.
- The ability to convey information effectively and efficiently
- Strong time management skills and the ability to multi-task with changing priorities and frequent interruptions
- Ability to resolve issues quickly
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills and the ability to work independently.
- Must enjoy interacting with team members and be able to deal effectively with conflict
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage numerous projects simultaneously
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word).
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with ERP software (Servicentre preferred).
- High level of self-motivation and initiative.
Are you an ADGA employee or consultant? If so, check out our new referral program!
ADGA Group Consultants Inc. has policies and procedures in place to support its employees with accommodation requirements throughout the organization.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If accommodation is required, it is requested that you contact ADGA’s Accessibility Officer.