System Software Specialist
System Software Specialist
Region: National Capital Region
Employment Type: Contract
Security Clearance: Secret Clearance
Language Requirements: English
Job Reference Number: 37299-EH
ADGA delivers strategic insight, world-class technology and service excellence in Defence, Security and Enterprise Computing to clients in the Federal Government, other levels of government and in the private sector. In a world driven by convergence, ADGA provides the expertise and innovation that organizations need to remain secure, efficient and productive. This rests on an outstanding track record built since 1967, safeguarding some of Canada’s most critical assets. Headquartered in Ottawa, with offices across Canada, ADGA is a privately owned Canadian company that employs more than 800 employees, technical consultants and subject matter experts.
We are currently looking for a Senior System Software Specialist (SysSw) for one of our Defence opportunities in the National Capital Region.
The Senior System Software Specialist (SysSw) is responsible for the software infrastructure team in a Defence and Security environment. The successful resource will be responsible to support various development environments for multiple projects. Current environments are mostly based on RDIMS, PDF Adobe Standard License. Visio, and VMware. This said, technologies are in constant evolution to improve the developer experience. The Senior System Software Specialist will report to the Project Manager, and work closely with other senior team members.
The Primary tasks (60%):
- Develop strategic documentation, frameworks and strategies.
- Conduct reviews and assessment of program objectives from a technical perspective.
- Analyze and evaluate alternative solutions to meet departmental objectives.
- Ensure the integration of all aspects of solutions.
- Monitor industry trends to ensure that solutions fit with government and industry directions for technology.
The Secondary tasks involves (40%):
- Development and maintenance of various trackers to monitor and facilitate progress of activities by the Project Management Office Team.
- Preparation of guidance and strategic direction documentation in the field of information technology / information management or engineering.
- Resource must have at a minimum six (6) years experience conducting the above mentioned system integration activities;
- Resource must have at a minimum six (6) years of demonstrated experience in system engineering, information technology / information management, software engineering / life cycle management, computer or communications systems.
- Resource must hold five (5) years of demonstrated experience in the preparation of guidance and strategic direction documentation in the field of information technology / information management or engineering (e.g. system, software, computer, and communications).
- Must currently hold a Secret Clearance.
- Demonstrated Bachelor Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or Business Administration; OR
- Demonstrated College Diploma in Engineering or Computer Technology; or a Bachelor of Science
- Play a major role on our team as a Senior System Software Specialist; be the go-to-person for the Project Management Office Team on the National Defence Project.
- Work with a high functioning team on a rare National Defence software development project (most people dream of this type of opportunity)!
- Awesome benefits, group RRSP Plan, and Profit Sharing
- Exclusive employee access to Perkopolis
Are you an ADGA employee or consultant? If so, check out our new referral program!
ADGA Group Consultants Inc. has policies and procedures in place to support its employees with accommodation requirements throughout the organization.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If accommodation is required, it is requested that you contact ADGA’s Accessibility Officer.