Configuration Management Specialist
Configuration Management Specialist
Region: National Capital Region
Employment Type: Contract
Security Clearance: Secret Clearance
Language Requirements: English
Job Reference Number: 37298-EH
ADGA delivers strategic insight, world-class technology and service excellence in Defence, Security and Enterprise Computing to clients in the Federal Government, other levels of government and in the private sector. In a world driven by convergence, ADGA provides the expertise and innovation that organizations need to remain secure, efficient and productive. This rests on an outstanding track record built since 1967, safeguarding some of Canada’s most critical assets. Headquartered in Ottawa, with offices across Canada, ADGA is a privately owned Canadian company that employs more than 800 employees, technical consultants and subject matter experts.
We are currently looking for a Configuration Management Specialist (CMS) for one of our Defence opportunities in the National Capital Region.
The Configuration Management Specialist (CMS) is responsible for defining and maintaining plans and procedures for managing data. You will work with information related to computer and network configurations, and ensuring compliance with given directives, for a network spanning several remote sites across Canada.
The Primary tasks (70%):
- Preparing CM plans and procedures;
- Defining configuration management tools and techniques;
- Defining configuration identification requirements;
- Establishing a configuration change control process;
- Configuration status accounting;
- Managing a data management cell;
- Establishing configuration audit procedures;
- Release planning; and
- Identifying CM requirements in SOWs, Contract Deliverable Requirements Lists (CDRLs) and Data Item Descriptions (DIDs).
The Secondary tasks involves (30%):
- maintaining databases of approved system software, simulation software, and associated configuration data
- performing audits and surveys to assess user compliance
- providing regular reports on approved vs. in-use configurations
- maintaining distribution lists and mailing lists for supported users
- formatting and distributing information updates (newsletters, advisories, etc) on behalf of the project manager
- receiving and properly storing new software versions
- vetting user access and providing access to software downloads
- performing backup system administration tasks
- answering user calls as a first point-of-contact for software questions
- Resource must have at a minimum four (4) years experience conducting the above mentioned data management activities;
- Must currently hold or be eligible for a Secret Clearance.
- Demonstrated Bachelor Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or Business Administration; OR
- Demonstrated College Diploma in Engineering or Computer Technology; or a Bachelor of Science
- Becoming a CMS is a great gateway that allows you to really focus on making the product or service better for our National Defence stakeholders. CMS contribute to process improvements which reduces misspending time, money, and resources on maintaining your system infrastructure.
- Work with a high functioning team on a rare National Defence software development project (most people dream of this type of opportunity)
- Awesome benefits, group RRSP Plan, and Profit Sharing
- Exclusive employee access to Perkopolis
Are you an ADGA employee or consultant? If so, check out our new referral program!
ADGA Group Consultants Inc. has policies and procedures in place to support its employees with accommodation requirements throughout the organization.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If accommodation is required, it is requested that you contact ADGA’s Accessibility Officer.