Sr. Cyber Security Enablement Specialist
Sr. Cyber Security Enablement Specialist
Position Title: Senior Cyber Security Enablement Specialist
Region: Toronto, Ontario
Employment type: Full-time Employment
Security Clearance: Willingness & Ability to get Security Clearances
Job ID #: 37283 - KC
ADGA delivers strategic insight, world-class technology and service excellence in Defence, Security and Enterprise Computing to clients in the Federal Government, other levels of government and in the private sector. In a world driven by convergence, ADGA provides the expertise and innovation that organizations need to remain secure, efficient and productive. This rests on an outstanding track record built since 1967, safeguarding some of Canada’s most critical assets. Headquartered in Ottawa, with offices across Canada, ADGA is a privately owned Canadian company that employs more than 800 employees, technical consultants and subject matter experts.
We are currently looking for a Senior Cyber Security Enablement Specialist to support the growth of ADGA’s Cyber Security Practice in the Greater Toronto Area and nationally.
- Completes Security Assessments & Vulnerability Assessment / Penetration Testing.
- Contribute to Technical Security Architecture.
- Complete Secure Cloud Assessments & Technical planning Networking and Security Protocols (HTTPS, IPsec, TLS/SSL, DNSSEC, RADIUS, etc.) analysis.
- Hands-on Cyber Security Installation (i.e. not just operations support) in: Firewalls, Network Security, SIEM, Analytics, DLP, Endpoint, Hunting, AI / ML, and Cloud Security.
- Implements security improvements by assessing current situation; evaluating trends; anticipating requirements.
- Develops and executes security controls, defenses and countermeasures to intercept and prevent internal or external attacks or attempts to infiltrate company email, data, e-commerce and web-based systems.
- Researches attempted or successful efforts to compromise systems security and designs countermeasures.
- Maintains hardware, software and network firewalls and encryption protocols.
- Administers, deploys, and integrates security policies to control physical and virtual access to systems.
- Determines security violations and inefficiencies by conducting periodic audits.
- Upgrades system by implementing and maintaining security controls.
- Keeps users informed by preparing performance reports; communicating system status.
- Analyze threats and vulnerabilities in IT systems and IT Security safeguards.
- Install, configure, integrate, fine-tune, and deploy Security and supporting Network capability.
- Deploy Security components using Virtualization, O/Ss (i.e. Unix, Windows), and programming.
- Plan for new engagements, including technical Security scoping.
- Convey emerging Cyber Security technologies.
- Build out Cyber Security Service Development Framework, templates, and standardized methodologies for Response planning, across main industry verticals.
- Drive proposals and successful contracts through Security technical pre-sales expertise, lead contribution, coordination, input, and delivery.
- Grow strategic Cyber line of business.
- Improve market awareness, penetration and market share
- Maintain high level of relevant Cyber Security domain knowledge in order to be viewed as clients' trusted advisor and SME.
- Prepare and present, as required, quarterly updates, including related budgets and financials; in conjunction with the Director, Cyber Security.
- Prepare written documentation, unsolicited proposals and deliver oral presentations for external clients and internal corporate audiences.
- Support with the preparation of proposals, presentations, quotations, contracts support matrix requirements and help develop supporting documentation as required.
- Identify potential resources for client engagements.
- Develop and leverage ADGA partners to provide solutions to our customers.
- Perform research and analysis on marketplace in order to assess potential for new directions, technologies and clients as required.
- Assist in growing ADGA's Network of Cyber Security professionals, per region, as needed.
- Assist with other tasks as directed.
- Travel, as needed.
- Contribute to continuous growth in the Cyber Security Practice through team mentoring, knowledge sharing, and broad collaboration.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Ability to lead into engagements, bringing in other team members.
- Leadership role on Client requirements definition work, for multiple concurrent projects.
- 5+ years in Cyber Security.
- 3+ years of demonstrated hands-on experience in providing Experience in capturing detailed security requirements.
- 5+ years in Cyber Security work experience, mostly in hands-on and in Assessments, across: Firewalls, Network Security, SIEM, Analytics, DLP, and Endpoint.
- 3+ years in Lead roles on large Cyber Security projects.
- Preferred vendor experience: McAfee / Symantec Endpoint and Cloud, Azure / AWS Cloud Security, Micro Focus SIEM, Securonix SIEM / UEBA, Fortinet Firewall, and Data Analytics (various).
- 5+ years of Sales and Technical Pre-Sales experience. Advanced knowledge of the Government and Private sectors procurement processes.
- Education: Bachelor or specialized college degree in Computer Science, System Engineering or another related IT program is an asset.
- Technical Skills: Hands-On Security Product Installation and Configuration expertise.
- Certifications: Professional Cyber designation & certification such as CISSP, etc. is an asset.
- Language: Bilingualism is an asset - French and English. English required.
- Security Clearance: Willing to gain additional clearances.
- Time efficiency / get-it-done attitude.
- Strong high achiever Sales mentality.
- Autonomous and ability to accept responsibility with minimal supervision.
- Excellent writing, presentation and communication skills.
- Able to communicate use cases details to others at the technical, user and management levels.
- Strong Project methodology and ability to work closely with program managers.
- Superb Client relations and the ability to interact at all levels.
- Teamwork is part of this person's DNA.
- Never loses sight of objectives and has a record of accomplishment meeting or exceeding targets.
- Able to distill complex problems into understandable and simple solutions.
- Willing to attain and maintain certifications within the Security industry and Vendor landscape
- Ability to deliver high quality, on time Technical Security documentation.
- Some travel anticipated to support national clients.
Are you an ADGA employee or consultant? If so, check out our new referral program!
ADGA Group Consultants Inc. has policies and procedures in place to support its employees with accommodation requirements throughout the organization.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If accommodation is required; it is requested that you contact ADGA’s Accessibility Officer.