Prince Albert, Saskatchewan
Region: Prince Albert, Saskatchewan
Security Clearance: Enhanced Reliability
Required Langauges: English, French is an asset
Employment type: Full-Time
Job ID: 37282 - AG
Founded in 1967, ADGA Group Consultants Inc. is a privately owned and operated Canadian company with a strong culture of commitment, trust and transparency. We harness the best and brightest minds to provide tailored solutions whilst creating unique avenues for continued professional development.
We are guided by a set of ethical values of Respect, Loyalty and Trust and a commitment to excellence, which define us and guide our organizational conduct.
We are currently looking for an Electronics Technician for one of our opportunities in Prince Albert, Saskatchewan.
- Performs preventative and corrective maintenance in accordance with approved maintenance plans.
- Ensures that test equipment is calibrated on a regular basis as per an approved calibration plan.
- Restores systems by replacing faulty modules or components. Repairs faulty modules on site when feasible.
- Makes necessary arrangements for modules to be repaired at the supplier’s plant or at contractor’s in-house repair facilities when repair is not possible on site.
- Records all maintenance and repair activities in the electronic maintenance information system (MIS).
- Maintains records showing all preventive and corrective maintenance activities, including test results
- Prepares and submits reports to the institutional representatives as specified in this document. Institutional representatives may request frequent meetings to monitor daily activities and unusual issues/problems.
- Performs annual inventory check of electronic security systems, their major components and major spare parts. Reports anomalies to institutional representatives for resolution. Example: major spare parts have been depleted and system is now vulnerable without spare parts on site; or; new systems have been added but the required maintenance hand-over reports have not been submitted to NHQ
- Inspect and test items returning from repair facilities to ensure they are operational and meet relevant quality parameters, including incoming spare parts.
- Maintains clean working areas; sweeping, washing and vacuuming floors as required.
- Complies with all local safety and security rules and regulations as published by the Institution.
- Provide Telephone Support to other Technicians when requested.
- Available for on-call services after regular hours as per the local on-call schedule.
- Submits reports to the Regional Supervisor.
- Proactively researches, and stays up to date with newly installed systems to be able to manage the equipment effectively.
- A very good understanding of RF, CATV, CCTV, PA/intercom and automated control systems is an asset.
- Knowledge of Communications in GP test equipment, commercial and personal computers and their peripherals as well as MS Office Suite software experience.
- The incumbent must be able to communicate his/her ideas clearly, and this requires good interpersonal skills in order to problem solve and interact at the client site effectively.
- Decisions require clear conceptual thinking of complex technical situations; advice must be sought if uncertainty exists.
- CompTIA A+ and Network+ an asset. Working at heights (Fall Arrest), First Aid, Confined Space and WHMIS.
- English essential, bilingualism an asset.
- Minimum of a College Diploma from a Technologist program or equivalent. A combination of education and experience with the proven ability to perform the job tasks may be accepted.
Are you an ADGA employee or consultant? If so, check out our new referral program!
ADGA Group Consultants Inc. has policies and procedures in place to support its employees with accommodation requirements throughout the organization.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If accommodation is required, it is requested that you contact ADGA’s Accessibility Officer.