Region: National Capital Region
Employment Type: Temporary Full-Time
Security Clearance: Secret (Level 2)
Language Requirements: English
Job Reference Number: 37253-EH
ADGA delivers strategic insight, world-class technology and service excellence in Defence, Security and Enterprise Computing to clients in the Federal Government, other levels of government and in the private sector. In a world driven by convergence, ADGA provides the expertise and innovation that organizations need to remain secure, efficient and productive. This rests on an outstanding track record built since 1967, safeguarding some of Canada’s most critical assets. Headquartered in Ottawa, with offices across Canada, ADGA is a privately owned Canadian company that employs more than 800 employees, technical consultants and subject matter experts.
We are currently looking for a Radio Engineer for one of our opportunities in the National Capital Region.
Our DND client provides in-house software engineering capability for the Army. Under the DND Weapons System Management (WSM) contract, ADGA provides Systems and Software Engineering, Project Management and Independent Verification and Validation (IV&V) services to the Director Land Command Systems Program Management (DLCSPM) organization. The intent of the WSM contract is to provide engineering services to DLCSPM to carry out its Total System Responsibility (TSR) mandate for the Land Command Support System (LCSS), the Canadian Army (CA) tactical command and control system, now referred to as the Land C4ISR System.
The successful resource will perform tasks in support of DND asset management projects. These tasks may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Review and evaluate engineering details, including plans, specifications and related data, to assess their adequacy and suitability;
- Review and provide input upon system and sub-system interface documentation;
- Recommend system level solutions for discrepancies, deficiencies and changes to equipment and specifications;
- Participate in design, technical and management reviews or meetings in order to monitor and advise on progress and potential problems;
- Conduct or oversee system integration testing and evaluation;
- Develop and manage test and evaluation plans and present the results;
- Review, analyze, and provide recommendations relating to system components and associated documentation;
- Provide system integration, analysis, and evaluation services;
- Review, analyze, prepare, and interpret statements of work;
- Liaise with sub-system engineering groups to ensure system integrity, performance, reliability, and maintainability;
- Analyze system deficiencies and recommend cost effective solutions;
- Conduct engineering and technical definition studies and options analysis;
- Conduct radio communications (LF/MF/HF/VHF/UHF) engineering design and test analysis; and
- Conduct digital, computer systems, voice network, data network, microwave systems engineering design and test analysis.
- Must have experience in writing guidance and strategic direction documentation in the field of information technology / information management or engineering.
- Must have an Engineering degree from a Canadian university OR
- A non-Canadian engineering degree that must be accredited by one of the following institutions: Canadian Information Centre for International Credentials (CICIC);
- World Education Services (WES); or
- University of Toronto Comparative Education Services. OR
- Be licensed as a Professional Engineer by any regulating body in Canada. AND
- Must have five (5) collective years in the last ten (10) years of experience in writing Project Technical Documentation (e.g. Statement of Work, Statement of Requirements, technical specifications) for IM/IT projects valued $1M or more.
- Must have five (5) collective years of experience in the last ten (10) years performing engineering design, test or analysis, and system integration.
- Must be eligible for a Secret Clearance.
Are you an ADGA employee or consultant? If so, check out our new referral program!
ADGA Group Consultants Inc. has policies and procedures in place to support its employees with accommodation requirements throughout the organization.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If accommodation is required, it is requested that you contact ADGA’s Accessibility Officer.