Region: National Capital Region
Employment Type: Temporary Full-Time
Security Clearance: Secret (Level 2)
Language Requirements: English
Job Reference Number: 37244-EH
ADGA delivers strategic insight, world-class technology and service excellence in Defence, Security and Enterprise Computing to clients in the Federal Government, other levels of government and in the private sector. In a world driven by convergence, ADGA provides the expertise and innovation that organizations need to remain secure, efficient and productive. This rests on an outstanding track record built since 1967, safeguarding some of Canada’s most critical assets. Headquartered in Ottawa, with offices across Canada, ADGA is a privately owned Canadian company that employs more than 800 employees, technical consultants and subject matter experts.
We are currently looking for a Software Librarian for one of our opportunities in the National Capital Region.
Our DND client provides in-house software engineering capability for the Army. Under the DND Weapons System Management (WSM) contract, ADGA provides Systems and Software Engineering, Project Management and Independent Verification and Validation (IV&V) services to the Director Land Command Systems Program Management (DLCSPM) organization. The intent of the WSM contract is to provide engineering services to DLCSPM to carry out its Total System Responsibility (TSR) mandate for the Land Command Support System (LCSS), the Canadian Army (CA) tactical command and control system, now referred to as the Land C4ISR System.
The successful resource will perform tasks in support of DND asset management projects. These tasks may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Planning, organizing and maintaining libraries for all master documents, source code programs and all PC software applications;
- Providing input to Library policies and procedures;
- Using software applications to archive and retrieve data;
- Receiving, releasing, logging and controlling library inventory;
- Editing Technical and User Manual documents by implementing various applications; and
- Performing backups, archiving and retrievals on a regular basis.
- Managing library management systems;
- Managing safety and security of library facilities;
- Controlling, producing, caring for and distributing media library assets; and
- Preparing and implementing library plans and procedures
- Carrying out regular storage and archive activities including maintenance of all media and documentation stored offsite, updating databases, identifying storage locations, and labeling all boxes appropriately;
- Recording lost, damaged, or otherwise unsuitable assets and reporting these occurrences to LSEC management;
- The ideal candidate has a minimum of 1 year demonstrated experience with library management systems
- College Diploma in Engineering or Computer Technology or Library Science or Bachelor of Science
- Must be eligible for a Secret Clearance.
Are you an ADGA employee or consultant? If so, check out our new referral program!
ADGA Group Consultants Inc. has policies and procedures in place to support its employees with accommodation requirements throughout the organization.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If accommodation is required, it is requested that you contact ADGA’s Accessibility Officer.