Sales Application Specialist
Sales Application Specialist
Region: National Capital Region
Employment Type: Permanent Full-Time
Security Clearance: Secret Level Clearance
Language Requirements: English
Job Reference Number: 37240 - AP
EXTRAVISION is a privately owned Canadian company whose head office is in Trois-Rivières (Quebec, Canada). The company also has service points in the metropolitan areas of Montreal and Toronto.
Extravision specializes in the development, design and integration of security technologies. However, our expertise in this field goes beyond security equipment. Our integrated security management approach relies on our extensive expertise, capitalizing on our knowledge, analytical skills and know-how to provide the most effective and optimized means of security.
Extravision’s security designs protect some of the most strategic sites in Canada.
We are currently looking a Sales Application Specialist for one of our opportunities in the National Capital Region.
The Sales Application Specialist reports to the VP PMO, Service Delivery or his/her designate. He/she works at client sites that are subject to strict security protocols. His/her duties will include taking the lead on the creation, maintenance and management of drawing and documentation including but not limited to; Sketches, plans, preliminary layouts, detailed design drawings and As-Built documentation.
He/she has a background in the most current design and capabilities of electronic security systems devices, access control devices, intrusion detection, perimeter fencing, automated gate, and CCTV systems at commercial and/or government facilities.
The Sales Application Specialist must also provide guidance and best practice tips to colleagues and clients alike. He/she must be technical and creative in the design and documentation for the systems supported by the EMPLOYER. He/she will also at times, assist the Proposal Design Centre (PDC) unit in providing technical writing responses on request for information/proposals
- Develop and manage in-house CAD standards for constant drawing quality;
- Develop and manage a library of typical drawings;
- Develop and manage documentation control systems;
- Develop shop drawing submissions;
- Support Account Executives with technical designs;
- Participate in on-site walk-throughs to document requirements/installation;
- Regular progress updates to PM’s and/or clients on drawing/documentation progress,
- Revision and, if required, creation of project documentation such as technical drawings, As builds, as programmed drawings, as built drawings, QA, SAT and any other documentation necessary in the documentation of a project.
- Cooperation in project’s Post Mortem.
- Identify training or suggestions required to enhance his knowledge and skill level and remain available to attend symposiums or seminars relating to such knowledge enhancement;
- Willingness to travel occasionally and available to work outside regular hours as per projects requirements and emergencies;
- Translate/simplify building, electrical, and other blueprints, as required;
- Create proper schematic wiring diagrams and hook-up procedures;
- Interacts with customers and vendors in a positive, timely, and professional manner;
- Strong interpersonal skills, communication, and customer service skills a must;
- Complies with all local safety and security rules and regulations as required by the client;
- Suggest means of improving the company’s customer service;
- Liaise with various trades on projects in order to ensure continuity of the projects, the integration with those trades and offer solutions to remedy issues that may arise from contract to contract;
- Secret Security Clearance
- AutoCAD, Bluebeam or Visio. Security systems such as, but not limited to, Genetec, Lenel, AMAG an asset
- Knowledge of IT infrastructure and network communications and personal computers and their peripherals
- Office Suite software experience
Are you an ADGA employee or consultant? If so, check out our new referral program!
ADGA Group Consultants Inc. has policies and procedures in place to support its employees with accommodation requirements throughout the organization.Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If accommodation is required, it is requested that you contact ADGA’s Accessibility Officer.