Region: National Capital Region
Employment Type: Temporary Full-Time
Security Clearance: Secret (Level 2)
Language Requirements: English
Job Reference Number: 37228-EH
ADGA delivers strategic insight, world-class technology and service excellence in Defence, Security and Enterprise Computing to clients in the Federal Government, other levels of government and in the private sector. In a world driven by convergence, ADGA provides the expertise and innovation that organizations need to remain secure, efficient and productive. This rests on an outstanding track record built since 1967, safeguarding some of Canada’s most critical assets. Headquartered in Ottawa, with offices across Canada, ADGA is a privately owned Canadian company that employs more than 800 employees, technical consultants and subject matter experts.
We are currently looking for a Network Manager for one of our opportunities in the National Capital Region.
Our DND client provides in-house software engineering capability for the Army. Under the DND Weapons System Management (WSM) contract, ADGA provides Systems and Software Engineering, Project Management and Independent Verification and Validation (IV&V) services to the Director Land Command Systems Program Management (DLCSPM) organization. The intent of the WSM contract is to provide engineering services to DLCSPM to carry out its Total System Responsibility (TSR) mandate for the Land Command Support System (LCSS), the Canadian Army (CA) tactical command and control system, now referred to as the Land C4ISR System.
The successful resource will perform tasks in support of network engineering projects. These tasks may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Planning, installing, managing and implementing network architectures;
- Managing Windows 2003 Server and/or Windows 2008 Server system administration;
- Managing TCP/IP, Network file system, and name servers;
- Microsoft Exchange Server administration;
- SQL Server Administration;
- SMS Server Administration;
- Preparing and implementing network policies and procedures;
- Managing network personnel and Networking security;
- Managing Internet services (e.g. web servers, ftp servers, etc);
- Gateway, bridge and router management; and
- Management and security of systems connected to the Internet.
- The ideal candidate has demonstrated a minimum of seven (7) years of experience as a Network Manager
- The ideal candidate has a strong working knowledge of VMWare or equivalent software.
- The ideal candidate has 24 months managing security of systems connected to the internet;
- The ideal candidate has successfully implemented and prepared network policies and procedures at least three (3) projects
- The ideal candidate has a Bachelor Degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering, or Computer Science; or equivalent
- The ideal candidate may also have a College Diploma in Engineering or Computer Technology; or equivalent
- Must be eligible for a Secret Clearance.
Are you an ADGA employee or consultant? If so, check out our new referral program!
ADGA Group Consultants Inc. has policies and procedures in place to support its employees with accommodation requirements throughout the organization.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If accommodation is required, it is requested that you contact ADGA’s Accessibility Officer.