Sr. Project Manager (Part-Time)
Sr. Project Manager (Part-Time)
Region: National Capital Region
Employment Type: Permanent Part-Time
Security Clearance: Secret (Level 2)
Language Requirements: English
Job Reference Number: 37226-EH
ADGA delivers strategic insight, world-class technology and service excellence in Defence, Security and Enterprise Computing to clients in the Federal Government, other levels of government and in the private sector. In a world driven by convergence, ADGA provides the expertise and innovation that organizations need to remain secure, efficient and productive. This rests on an outstanding track record built since 1967, safeguarding some of Canada’s most critical assets. Headquartered in Ottawa, with offices across Canada, ADGA is a privately owned Canadian company that employs more than 800 employees, technical consultants and subject matter experts.
We are currently looking for a Project Manager– Level 3 for one of our opportunities in the National Capital Region.
Our client in the Defence sector is a leader in Modelling and Simulation (M&S) systems. The past several years have seen a marked increase in the application of M&S throughout the industry. In pursuit of the most innovative training solutions, our client seeks to stem the proliferation of solution platforms and support a unified, coordinated and well-managed, web- based simulation environments. To achieve this goal, the department requires a robust Project Management and Simulations Services team to support in options analysis, requirements development, acquisition, testing and evaluation.
The successful resource will perform tasks in support of the planning, implementing and tracking of modelling and simulation projects. These tasks may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Coordination of project deliverables and management activities
- Producing documentation in support of Project planning
- Schedule and attend delivery management meetings
- Conduct weekly reviews of schedule items
- Provide Project budget analysis and updates
- Support and Plan any new projects;
- Provision of control support for the project including data collection, analysis and updates to budgets and schedule
- Determine the objectives and measures upon which projects will be evaluated at its completion;
- Review projects schedules with TA (or person appointed by TA), and other modelling and simulation section/labs that will be affected by project activities;
- The ideal candidate has demonstrated a minimum of seven (7) years in the past ten years managing/coordinating Defence or simulation projects
- The ideal candidate has a working knowledge of MS Project or equivalent software.
- The ideal candidate has taught a course of at least three days duration, directly related to PM.
- The ideal candidate has a PMP and successfully managed at least two (2) concurrent projects with duration of at least two years each and a project team of at least ten persons.
- The ideal candidate has a Master’s Degree or better in Sciences, Engineering, Computer Science, Business Administration or Mathematics
- A minimum of two project references from previous clients is required where the candidate performed PM duties in the past ten (10) years.
- Must have a valid Secret Clearance
Are you an ADGA employee or consultant? If so, check out our new referral program!
ADGA Group Consultants Inc. has policies and procedures in place to support its employees with accommodation requirements throughout the organization.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If accommodation is required, it is requested that you contact ADGA’s Accessibility Officer.