Chief Engineer - Defence
Chief Engineer - Defence
Region: National Capital Region
Employment Type: Permanent Full-Time
Security Clearance: Secret (Level 2)
Language Requirements: English (French nice to have)
Job Reference Number: 37219-KL
We are currently looking for a Chief Engineer for one of our opportunities in the National Capital Region.
As Chief Engineer – Defence, the successful candidate will be the Technical Authority for all ADGA Defence project planning in cyber, C4ISR, modelling & simulation, military networked communications within the Defence domain. This is a rare opportunity to provide engineering governance for a range of important Defence programs and a step through the door to many more.
Reporting to the Vice President Defence, familiarity and expertise with systems, communications and software engineering and deep military technical knowledge will allow the successful applicant to position current and future ADGA projects meets all customer requirements.
Responsible for executing the processes and procedures of the Division, and supporting the mission, the vision and the strategy of the Corporation as approved by the CEO.
Work in accordance with the values of the Corporation: integrity, commitment, loyalty, confidentiality, working in an ethical and professional manner, building knowledge and acting in a responsible and equitable manner at all times.
- Develop and manage the technical product roadmap for key ADGA Defence capability portfolios in Cyber, C4ISR, Modelling & Simulation, Software Development and military communications architectures.
- Develop and staff an internal Program Management office (PMO) to lead the technical planning and execution of large RFP for Defence customers in Canada.
- Review and approve technical documentation to support system delivery.
- Oversee management of documentation and engineering process baselines to ensure the alignment of various ongoing large Defence projects.
- Develop and enforce optimised engineering and programmatic processes required to minimise engineering risks and achieve the desired engineering outcomes.
- Act as the key Defence Technical and Engineering lead with senior customer representatives to ensure that overall program technical status, direction and architecture are met.
- Solid customer relationship and customer satisfaction is a prime objective.
- Chair technical reviews at varying levels with management and government customers, including oversight of subcontractor contributions.
- Build and maintain effective working relationships across all levels and influence key stakeholders including DND.
- Travel to customer facilities to present ADGA capabilities may be required in addition to hosting / coordinating customer visits, tours and presentations.
- Education: Bachelor degree or higher in engineering, computer science or a related discipline, together with substantial relevant professional experience and specialised training.
- Chartered engineer or similar professional status would be desirable.
- Project Management (PMP, PMI) designation would be an asset.
- Substantial professional experience working in a senior engineering role in large and complex defence projects with a demonstrable record of success and achievement.
- Knowledge and application of a broad range of skills including systems and enterprise architecture, software and ICT engineering and interface protocols.
- Experience working as a design engineer or architect providing design solutions for complex software development; information management; military communications & cyber or modelling & simulation systems.
- Experience working on large, complex ICT or C4ISR projects and in Defence ICT
- Experience in a Canadian Armed Forces communications engineering roles or senior engineering management within DND would be considered an asset.
- Language: English essential (written/spoken); Bilingual considered an asset (English/French; written/spoken)
- Security Clearance: Secret
- Qualifications: PMP considered an asset or equivalent program management experience
- Technical: Proficiency in MS Office Suite, Outlook, etc.
Are you an ADGA employee or consultant? If so, check out our new referral program!
ADGA Group Consultants Inc. has policies and procedures in place to support its employees with accommodation requirements throughout the organization.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If accommodation is required, it is requested that you contact ADGA’s Accessibility Officer.