Senior Project Manager
Senior Project Manager
Region: National Capital Region , Greater Montreal Area, and Greater Toronto Area
Employment Type: Contract
Security Clearance: No Clearance Required
Language Requirements: Bilingual
Job Reference Number: 37216 - EH
ADGA delivers strategic insight, world-class technology and service excellence in Defence, Security and Enterprise Computing to clients in the Federal Government, other levels of government and in the private sector. In a world driven by convergence, ADGA provides the expertise and innovation that organizations need to remain secure, efficient and productive. This rests on an outstanding track record built since 1967, safeguarding some of Canada’s most critical assets. Headquartered in Ottawa, with offices across Canada, ADGA is a privately owned Canadian company that employs more than 800 employees, technical consultants and subject matter experts.
We are currently looking for Senior Project Manager for one of our opportunities in the GTA, Montreal, and National Capital Region.
The senior project manager will report to the Executive Director of Finance Transformation. Our client has historically operated a decentralized financial function across all lines of business. The Finance Function has recently become centralized. As a result, there is a focus on continuous Transformation Initiatives to ensure their employees are executing their responsibilities effectively and efficiently. Integral to the successful transformation is enabling their employees with the appropriate financial tools to achieve their business objectives. Many of their legacy tools and processes have been in place for long periods of time.
The project manager has no direct reports but will work in collaboration with the following key roles:
- Finance Executive Leadership Team including Transformation Program Leader
- MTIS (Media Technology Infrastructure Services: Scrum Master / IT professionals (i.e. Developers, Business Analysts, others)
- Director of Financial Systems / Product Owner
- Director of Business Applications
- Director of Revenue Reporting
- Change Management / Process Consultants
- External TM1 implementation service provider: Practice Leader, Project Manager, Developers, and Account Manager.
- Coordinates work performed by IT staff and Internal Customers / Partners by defining project requirements, performing feasibility and needs / impact assessments.
- Develops detailed project plans and manages all implementation processes including resource allocation, progress tracking, monitoring change control process, testing, documentation, training and on-time delivery within budget constraints.
- Projects may have multiple phases and vary in number, size and complexity.
- The successful candidate must have a minimum of ten (10) years of demonstrated experience as a Project Manager
- The resource must have 5-10 years of demonstrated experience working with SAP and IBM TM1 & Planning Analytics
- The Project Manager will be required to work with various types of IT project methodologies and life cycles (i.e. waterfall / agile / design / development / testing / implementation and the correct project application)
- The resource must have familiarity with other ERP systems and leading Business Intelligence software relevant to user base will be considered an asset (i.e. Workday, Hyperion, etc.)
- Expertise in the management of information and reporting systems, including the management of policy and procedure to support the governance, improvement and operation of such systems.
- Familiarity with IT concepts of master data management, data integrity and change management.
- Demonstrated skill in managing project budgets and timelines
- Excellent analysis, problem solving, team, conflict management and time management skills
- Ability to set clear expectations, manage team performance and build high morale among team members
- Knowledge of standards relevant to the software industry, e.g. ISO, CMM, Six Sigma
- Advanced skill in the use of project management software to manage projects (e.g. MS Project and other auxiliary tools)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Skill in the use of negotiation techniques to reach agreement when there are widely differing viewpoints
Are you an ADGA employee or consultant? If so, check out our new referral program!
ADGA Group Consultants Inc. has policies and procedures in place to support its employees with accommodation requirements through out the organization.
Accommodations are available on request f r candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If accommodation is required, it is requested that you contact ADGA’s Accessibility officer.