Senior Technology Architect
Senior Technology Architect
Region: National Capital Region
Employment Type: Contract
Security Clearance: Enhanced Reliability
Language Requirements: English
Job Reference Number: 37196 -EH
Founded in 1967, we are a privately owned and operated Canadian company with a strong culture of commitment, trust and transparency. We harness the best and brightest minds to provide tailored solutions whilst creating unique avenues for continued professional development.
We are guided by a set of ethical values of Respect, Loyalty and Trust and a commitment to excellence, which define us and guide our organizational conduct.
We are currently looking for a Senior Technology Architect for one of our opportunities in the National Capital Region.
Our client in the Defence sector requires a Technology Architect to support the Command Team and the Information Management Office (IMO). Our Defence client’s objective is to restructure and redesign the architecture of its Human Resources Management System (HRMS) and transactional based tools and processes including Oracle and Access systems to streamline data flows by linking and consolidating external databases to the official source of record. This Human Resources (HR) data will feed into a Business Warehouse (BW) which will allow the production of sophisticated analytics and enhance the governance and accuracy of the data.
The Resources will be responsible for the following activities and deliverables:
- Advise stakeholders on key issues related to technology architecture, frameworks and strategies;
- Produce an assessment of the current technical system and data flow architecture. The assessment must detail technical and IM requirements, improvements and solutions;
- Produce an impact and cost-benefit analysis of new proposed technology changes, processes and solutions;
- Provide expertise in the proper application of existing and future infrastructure initiatives;
- Ensure the integration of all aspects of technology solutions;
- Monitor industry trends to ensure that proposed solutions fit with government directives and industry standards for technology;
- Assist with strategic planning, functional requirements definition, transition planning, IT security and privacy reviews related to the management of IT/IM services;
- Evaluate existing hardware relative to its ability to support the Department’s Records, Documents Management (RDM) and associated applications by determining actual and potential bottlenecks;
- Review and assess the overall response time for end-users of the system;
- Develop technical architecture, frameworks and strategies as well as the associated applications to meet business application functional requirements;
- Monthly progress reports;
- Perform other tasks related to this resource category.
- 10+ years of professional work experience as a Technology Architect.
- A minimum of four (4) years of experience performing architecture modeling using SAP software.
- Demonstrated five (5) years of professional work experience analyzing and defining requirements, and strategic planning related to the management of IT services.
- A minimum of five (5) years of professional work experience work experience developing technical architectures, frameworks and strategies for an organization to meet the clients’ business and application requirements.
- Demonstrated professional work experience architecting national technology projects with at least 10 geographic site); andat least 3000 users.
- Demonstrated 8+ years of experience monitoring industry trends to ensure that solutions fit with government and industry standards and directions for technology.
- Must be eligible to meet the Enhanced Reliability Security Clearance requirement.
Are you an ADGA employee or consultant? If so, check out our new referral program!
ADGA Group Consultants Inc. has policies and procedures in place to support its employees with accommodation requirements throughout the organization.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If accommodation is required, it is requested that you contact ADGA’s Accessibility Officer.